Global Some recent swirlies on my Atrox Iron mission.

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by goodgrief999, Feb 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. This is a small sample of a film I'm working on, it takes hours to edit a few minutes of film, -> it's a few of my recent swirlies on the Atrox Iron mission, 11k in to 16.6k now.
    wmplayer 2012-02-21 09-43-29-71.jpg
    wmplayer 2012-02-21 09-44-10-47.jpg wmplayer 2012-02-21 09-45-03-80.jpg wmplayer 2012-02-21 09-48-19-47.jpg wmplayer 2012-02-21 09-51-38-24.jpg wmplayer 2012-02-21 09-57-03-38.jpg wmplayer 2012-02-21 09-57-37-72.jpg wmplayer 2012-02-21 09-58-17-00.jpg wmplayer 2012-02-21 10-00-05-34.jpg The last one I posted the video of on youtube, it's my most popular EU vid, and has had loads of commments and feedback.
    Boo.
    p.s. oops there's an aurli in there :)

AND I just got another today -> swirlies.10.wmplayer 2012-02-21 22-22-52-78.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Gratz Boo, you have been busy :). I remember the days when I could catch the swirlies in my screen shots. I'm guessing you hack them out of a movie?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I have hacked these out of clips yeah, when I realised Fraps thought Windows Media Player was a game :)
    You could try xfire, free it worked for me for ages, it has a buffer, most importantly, to save on memory. It means you record for 30 seconds before you hit record. Then hack the swirlies out of the clips?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. **Bumping** the added info on xfire, it worked brilliantly for me and gives you tons of disk space. My 650 GB Hard-drive is so full with .avi files, it's making my machine unstable. Cos xfire stopped working for me, dunno why. Xfire would auto-convert the best .avis to.mp4 -> about 1/10th the size. :/
    Boo

• Like Like x 2
  5. I use Fraps, I could record movies but I can't be bothered :), at least most of the time. Before that I used a utility written specifically for EU, when the sound file for a global or a hof was executed it would automatically snap the screen-shot but it stopped working after a certain VU, now I just have a hot key, it uses MA's standard keys to show date and location (although location is a bit redundant now it's on the radar), then presses F12 to take an image,

• Like Like x 2
  6. There is a new - fully functional, free program that works as you described your old one did, you input your name and it automatically takes a screeny when you global.
    ->http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/tools-utilities/199985-xandrax-global-print-screen-capture.html<-
    It is very customisable, e.g. send waypoint/pos when you get killed. For use in teams also. Excellent, the only problem I have encountered, is it is not compatible with an aero theme in windows 7. I have had to change to a 'basic' theme, doesn't bother me.
    Boo.
    p.s. it is such a light program it will run alongside xfire (which is working again for me) - I found FRAPS a bit too resource hungry.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sounds almost exactly the same, the old one also did the time stamp and location thing. The only thing that happened with the old one that was a bit annoying was it would pick up other people's globals. So if you were standing at auction and someone was manufacturing nearby and they hit a streak!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Xandrax, this new program does not have that problem, it reads the chat.log and picks up your avatar's name - then takes a screeny. An improvement I think, over your old one.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Interesting, I think that's the same way the software from entropia tracker works. I have recently found myself wondering why I take and keep screen shots of globals and HoFs. I have images going back years, I don't look at them.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.