Should I get a gold card? is it annoying?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wistrel, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Assuming MA are still doing the free GC for users with 5k ped depo'd I'm guessing I could get one of these. I probably should as have "invested" in some land deeds and all now plus have one or two slightly rareish items it seems.

I've lived on Calypso now for about 8 years and not had a hacking issue yet plus generally feel PE is too obscure for most hackers to know about. I run virus checker and firewalled etc. plus am fairly knowledgable on how to avoid stupidy.

I guess my main question is, how annoying is it to use EVRY time to log in? Has anyone had issues with it?

Does it go wrong etc?

Advice please

Cheers
    Wistrel

PS what does the current one look like, is it cool looking? ;)

2. Its not getting in the way at all.
    I strongly encourage you to get one!

3. The current one is a gold coloured credit card sized card with a smart chip that goes into a small reader. Some may say it's cool looking...

4. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

CG is a must. Tons of diablo 3 accounts got hacked for days including one of mine. And here if you are depositing you must get GC.

5. I would say the little inconvenience that it may cause is worth knowing your protected. :thumbsup:

6. narfi

narfi Lost

It is as natural as breathing now, just a part of the process logging in, I carry both the reader and the card in my pocket at all times, so its always ready.

The only issue I have had is when I left it on my keyboard one friday night and then slept in on Saturday and my 2yr old got ahold of it and lost it when he woke up earlier than me.

narfi

7. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

in short, GET ONE

like Narfi said, it is just part of logging in now

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

So lets see everyone so far said get one.

Guess I'll play devils advocate and put the other side of the argument forward. Which ofcourse after careful consideration is get the bloody thing now ! no messing, gold card is essential :-)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

haha ok ok I get it :D

I'll go take a look at the site now

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Definitely get a GC ;) I had one for The Nun for 6 years without any troubles at all.

EDIT:
    Oh good to see you will get one :thumbup:

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Question... when I order one, do I loose access to entropia till it arrives?

seems delivery will be 8 weeks :O

12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

TBh the main reason I was holding off initially was instability. I had out of memory all the time and a gc would have wound me up... since solving its not such a thing any more. haha as long as I don't go to Cyrene (from what I hear - its crash city!)

13. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Dobn't think you loose access till it arrives but it's been many years since I got mine so don't really remember

14. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

If i remember correctly you have to activate the GC on the website and from them you can't login without it.

15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Thanks Razer. I thought it would be something like that but couldn't find anything on the site about it. Confirming "purchase" now then.

16. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Things working out well with the GC. Its actually kinda fun even :D I have found the same as everyone else, its just "part of logging on" now ^_^

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.