Shinobi is 40 years old today!

Discussion in 'Greetings, Hello, Goodbye' started by MistressArwen, Aug 23, 2010.

1. MistressArwen

MistressArwen Smile, makes someones day

To my virtual sugah-daddy and bennefactor Shinobi. Congratz today on your 40th B-day:)

2. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

:birthday::birthday:

:alcohol::beerchug::alcohol:

3. H-B-D --> Happy-Birth-Day! ;)

4. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

lol, the guys gets banned form the forum and is still bugging us :D just kidding, gratz man !!!! (that old already)

5. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

More than you know ... :rolleyes:

6. MistressArwen

Ye he was born 23/08/1970, Pretoria South Africa, and his real name is Jandre Kroeze. He is in fact quite a nice person and I understand what my Mom sees in him, lol. if I keep updating him on my progress and HOFs, he keeps trowing Peds my way to keep playing and he has been very generous for quite some time now. Suppose you guys already knew that about him. i have a lot to be thankfull for and feel justified to gratz him here like this. The old man has earned it by me and my mom ;) He has done me no harm at all and I care less about anyone elses beef with him in the past. yesterday is gone forever.

i have never met him in person tho, yet his Facebook profile is nice. he is an ocean removed from us and yet we are close in a way. I realy just hope he has a nice day today. May also all who knew him, wish him well.

7. Goreon

Goreon May the HOF be with you!

Send him this message if you want, sure he will enjoy it:

Translated:
    Happy Birthday dear friend
    Because it's your birthday
    May the Lord bless you
    And give you many more years

8. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Didn't know Southern-African looks that much like dutch.

9. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

SA used to be under Dutch rule. Or parts of it, anyway. Afrikaans is basically a mix between Dutch and English.

Us Dutch went quite far in those days. Bet you also didn't realise the word "Yankess" has a Dutch background to it ;) (Jan + Kees).

10. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

And the most famous African word is also Dutch "apartheid".
    Kinda give you an idea what we did there.

11. Goreon

Goreon May the HOF be with you!

Afrikaans and Dutch is very similar and easy to read the one if you know the other as I learn when I was there...

Listening is a little bit different, Afrikaans tend to understand Dutch easier and from what I have found out about it is that Afrikaans is actually closer to old Dutch than current Dutch (the langauge did no evolve very much as did Dutch).

12. MistressArwen

Goreon, message sent and He says" Baie dankie" whatever that is lol. Also said it reminds him of his childhood.

13. MistressArwen

Birds of a feather flock together. Ethnic seperation happens all over the world automatically but its not official and not law. The dutch discovered south africa whilst looking for a trading route to India for spices I believe. And slavetrade was big bussiness in those days.

(REMOVED)

14. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Out of curiosity ... how is it that you know Shinobi's mind this well that you can write all of that as his thoughts?

It comes across as someone speaking about themselves rather than someone else.

Sorry, it just struck me as odd.

15. Happy happy birthday, sweety Shinobi,

16. Youre not the only one. Ever wonder if Shinobi was actually an alt account for someone else who posts less frequently as themselves? Not that Im trying to raise any sort of conspiracy theory. It just stands to reason that a person who is obviously intelligent would know themselves to a certain degree. Knowing their views might not be appreciated by the larger scene they can make a choice

1) Accept that they wont be liked and simply speak their mind as politely as possible to keep within forum rules (my choice, for the record)
    2) Create an alternate account from the getgo where they can speak their piece as openly as they choose, while maintaining a passive face on their current account.

Choosing the name "Shinobi" would be in keeping with this second approach. Think of it as the users way of cracking a wry smile to themselves and the community.

I say this purely for the fun of following the thought through to its conclusion. I dont intend to accuse any particular user of anything.

17. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Well Magyar ... which account are you saying is the current account, MistressArwen or Shinobi ... (hypothetically of course) ... because the Shinobi account is banned, and that's why the posting just struck me odd.

Sorry MsArwen, no definite accusations here from me, but just questioning how it is that you know the thoughts of Shinobi so well and post as you do (especially since I think you posted in the past that you never met IRL) ... and your posting truly does come across as if they are your thoughts and not Shinobi's, even though you start out the post by saying they're his.

It just confuses me ... perhaps you can clear this up?

18. Just for the sake of argument either account could be used. Developing a personality outside of your own to fit the role youve chosen isnt exactly uncommon in an MMORPG. The genre attracts its share of role players, after all. Ive been one in the past, developing characters to express all sorts of different types of fantasy much as I would do while playing AD&D.

To pick on MistressArwen, just for example, the name is a double feminine. Arwen is well known from Lord of the Rings as the consort of Aragorn, and was popularized by Liv Tyler who is quite the beauty. A male trying to mask his online identity could use female nomenclature as a trigger to remind him that this was time to write in a more feminine style. The name isnt particularly psychologically evocative in any meanings other than "female" and "fantasy" which work very well with this type of mentality. It evokes a sense of passiveness and that passiveness is what can be used as a disguise! Not saying this is the case, just playing with the thought that was earlier expressed on the board.

To be fair, Im now going to pick on myself. What if I were Shinobi? What does the name Magyar say about me and the forum identity I have chosen? The Magyars were at one point a people who lived on the backs of their horses. Descended from the Huns and the Gauls their fighting spirit was wild and unpreditctable. As time passed that spirit became intertwined with a sort of social nobility as people looked back on the ages of swords with a twinge of romanticism. My forum personality would likely be confrontational, a bit wild, but also nobly distant. Guess what? It pretty much is! It might make a poor disguise, as such attitudes tend to get attention rather than fade into the background, but what better way to disguise yourself than by bringing a different version of you to the forefront!

Im not Shinobi, but I didnt want to make Arwen feel like I was picking on her as if she were a suspect. Its just an example. Either one can be a strategy. People say I seek attention. Perhaps I am Shinobi in disguise, seeking attention and with every piece of it saying "ha ha I am so clever! you have not discovered me!" Then again if Arwen were Shinobi her creation of this thread was a passive way of evoking whatever spectre this Shinobi character actually means to these boards, the purpose being again to laugh at our lack of discovery.

At any rate, there's alot you can tell about a person based off the name theyve chosen if you know the context behind the name itself. Apply that to the environment where that name exists and lives and you might have the makings of a very fun story.

19. narfi

narfi Lost

Me me me!!!!!

analyze me as shinobi :)

20. ooh do me what does my name hav to say .. heheheh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.