SEE Virtual Worlds announces new partnerships

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by NotAdmin, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

Lol, bring on the voxel engine discussion.

2. Nah no use arguing about it.
    Voxels are a legit approach, but those guys are just all talk.
    If they manage to find tech partners that release a game, good for them.

Most gaming companies still build their own engines, an engine is so much more than just a "unique idea".
    Just look at how long it took that the havok engine is at least moderately used throughout the industry.

Crytek at least released their own game to promote the engine...

3. So who would be the first to know if in fact Planet michael is sitll ago, Its supposed to be at the PAX ( http://prime.paxsite.com/ )) thing this Next coming weekiend , maybe we will hear about release date or anything about planet michael if its a go or not and i TRUELY hope its a go ,,,,

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I did ask that question in my mail to SEE as well. I hope to be able to get an answer :)

5. Tass

Tass Administrator

Yep. Best all voxel game will probably not beat best all poly/textures game within this decade. Anyway CE3 and others support voxels already, they are fine for stuff like procedural grass. Engines will more and more go hybrid using voxels whenever they can be handled.

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

The press release attached to the OP also contains this line:

7. So, without that venture capital with the green cards attached, does Neverland becomes Neverlaunched?

8. Duplicate post. Oops!

9. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

We received a reply on the article quoted earlier, as well as on the Planet Michael release:

10. Taking some liberty with my quoting, but that pretty much sums it up for me.

They are either clueless, incompetent, all the above, or something worse...

I smell a rat.

11. Tass

Tass Administrator

The Asterix game went open beta last week: https://www.asterix-friends.com

Just saying. Not really sure how much of SEE is involved there. Publisher is obviously Deutsche Telekom and the game was created by an Austrian studio called Sproing.

12. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

looks like fun. I loved reading the books as a kid

EDIT: Looks like a browser version of a cross between Simpsons Tap Out on the Android and Warcraft 2.....

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Might be a different Asterix game. This doesn't strike me as an MMO (could be cause I only had a brief glance at it)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.