Security warning: Fake ads

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by NotAdmin, Feb 11, 2010.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

This morning in the papers, there was a warning against these ads you see everywhere nowadays. Extreme weightloss, "get ripped", whiter teeth, and what not, all obtained by using free samples. Do NOT get tempted, as there is organised crime behind these ads.

While most might be aware of this, I'm basically posting this because I have seen the ads plastered everywhere recently, and I want people to know what they potentially might end up dealing with.

Better safe than sorry. This site lists the basics of the scam. The general gest is you sign up for 2 USD shipping costs, cancel out of subsequent offers, and then later on discover numerous seemingly unrelated billings on your credit card.

We have blocked all the sites mention on the site from our Google-Ads in order to ensure you stay safe from these kind of ads, but these criminals probably change domains quite often, and the ad-blocking is a reactive rather than proactive system, hence the warning.

Cheers.

2. Stave

Stave Guest

Ya see, shit like this is why i use Ad-Block Plus with Firefox. ^^

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Yep me to, never see any adds :)

4. CycoKick

CycoKick Notorius cK

Thanks for the headsup even though id never fall for that shit:jump:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.