Scammer Alert: GTF

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by HardWrath, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knuckles, I only linked to information that he already posted by himself.

Tracking down and confronting a scammer via telephone is hardly stalking them.

I would say that looking for every possible thread that I post on only to take a pot shot at me is a blatant case of you stalking me

2. You may not post or convey information disclosing personal information about another participant.

Even when its posted somewhere public its still not ok in the EULA since for instance you can get phonenumbers,birth dates etc pulled from public records. There are tons of sites online that is open and free where you can get pretty much everything pulled from adresses to criminal records and those infos are still not allowed to be shown public according to MindArks EULA since a few months back

3. Even though he posted his own phone number, per the mod's request I will bleep out his phone number from the start of the phone call

Like Travis, GTF used his irl first name as his avatar name so all references to Stipe will stay

4. Pretty stupid for a scammer, somehow too stupid for someone who is accused of such tricky actions...

5. Yea the lack of intelligence with these guys never ceases to amaze me.

Travis CEO Byers used his real first and last name in his avatar. When he was preparing to scam someone, he would give out all of his IRL contact information as "proof" that he wasnt going to scam them. He would give out his cell phone number, his Skype info, his business name etc.

Stipe GTF is a person who cant keep up with his own lies. On one hand he was trying to convince Travis that his GTF account was hijacked and the person who he had been talking to was someone else. Meanwhile on the other hand, I was accusing GTF of being Travis which made GTF panic and post his irl phone number, his irl pic, his ID, and his passport on ER

Then as further proof of his "innocence" GTF readily gave us user names and passwords to some of his EF accounts as well as in-game avatars. Then those passwords he gave were the same passwords to his email accounts that ended up proving how guilty he was. Did he not think that I would try the password on all of his accounts?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Justin Thyme

Justin Thyme Someone With Opinions

You are Admitting to Illegally accessing someone elses email with a password that was not given to you for that purpose?

7. Yes and I won’t apologize for it either

This guy is a lying, stealing, hacking, exploiting, scamming piece of shit…

Go ahead and defend him all you want Justin.

By the way, I didn’t "attempt" anything. I DID access his email and I did it with the password that he provided to me for his GTF Entropia Forum account.

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I'm going to step in here for a second.

I do not see Justin in any way defending a scammer. Like I just did (but off the radar), to me it seems he is pointing out that posting information that incriminates you in such ways is perhaps not the smartest thing to do.

9. Justin Thyme

I am nodefending anyone in paticular. I am worried about the Saftey of all of the EF EP and EU users out there that have to worry about you doing whatever you can to access their private information and accounts.

I find this activity illegal as well as immoral. You are not part of any Law Enforcement agency therefor you do not have any right to do such a thing and to come on and brag about it is the type of arrogance seen with a terrorist organization that takes credit for killing innocents.

10. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

i hope you realise you've just admitted to hacking, i believe a federal offence in the US?

as for Knuckles earlier comments about EULA breach, i really dont think it matters once its steps out of EU and into the real world.

11. Drawing a parallel between me and a "terrorist organization" is very much like you Justin. Go ahead and keep posting so everyone in EU can see how much if a lunatic you really are.

GTF tried to involve me in a scam. GTF involved some of my friends in scams. GTF scammed some of my friends.

There are no laws that defend people against scammers in a virtual universe. There are no policies in EU that defend people against scammers.

When a scammer crosses my path I will do anything with in my ability to burn that son of a bitch by proving his guilt and exposing him to the community. If that means I have to gain unauthorized access to his email with a password that he provided then so be it.

Sue me :handjob:

:whiner:

Now ask me if I care

12. Justin Thyme

You will Shortly!!!!

13. Prove it. :rofl:

14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Alright, I'm going to ask both of you to knock it off. The thread is getting way off topic with this.

We also do have a statement in our rules about glorifying or boasting about illegal acts, by the way.

15. Justin Thyme

I wanted to as post a reference to the Rule that Boasting of Illegal acts is against the forum rules.

It appears you beat me to it.

16. I appreciate the concern for my legal safety that some of you are showing here on this thread and in my rep messages however the FBI or any other law enforcement agency is more than welcome to come knocking on my door to question me about accessing GTF's email account with the password that he voluntarily provided.

If you listen to the audio recordings, in the first recording just after 1 minute into the conversation you can clearly hear that I accessed his MA Locker email account while he was on the phone. That was the fundamental turning point in the conversations with him that caused him to finally start to confess to things. Everything up to that point was pure bullshit out of him without doing that, we would have gotten nowhere at all.

Since I accessed his email account with the password that he provided while I was on the telephone with him was it really hacking did I really break a law? That point is highly subject to interpretation of the law.

17. As i pointed out before already and Justin correctly said here:

This action makes you a hacker yourself (and no, that is NOT just a matter of interpretation) and GTFO can report you to the authorities either... irony anyone?

And as you are from the USA: Evidence gained through a crime are worthless anyway... tyvm for helping an alledged scammer in getting away, mr. holmes... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

18. EMW

EMW

hahahahahahaha

19. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Actually, no, HW. The law defines that as hacking. You did not have his permission to access his account. Ergo, you obtained access in an illegal way.

Let's save that for a different topic, though. Can we get the thread back on-topic now?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Get away? Are you kidding? He got away a LONG time ago.

Before I made this thread his account was unlocked, he was free to roam EU again, and no one knew that he is a scammer.

I think that things will be a bit harder for him now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.