Run out of Memory?

Discussion in 'Technical, security and bug reports' started by MindStar9, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Both of you, considder upgrading to windows 7 64bit.

And Jenny, yes according to their "minimum" then yes, you can play on high.
    But you obviously have misunderstood the required minimum.

If you successfully fill the minimum requirements it means you can start the game.

If you successfully fill the recommended requirements it means you can start the game and play it semi-smoothly as well.

Cryengine 2 requires alot of performance for it to look good and be played smoothly.
    [​IMG]

Look at that graph for a second, No AA and high quality crysis 1.2 and even a gpu which is better than yours scores under 30fps. (4670)
    Remember, Crysis is a game that requires performance.. And you simply can not get that with a budget card.

And you can complain and say that "It used to work."
    And yes sure, you are absolutely right, but we also used to burn women because they were witches and we also used to be amazed at the extreme graphics a voodoo 4 gpu could dish out!

Noone ever said gaming is cheap, if you want to stay in the game you have to be up to par with the standards, your gpu is 2 generations old, and MindStars is 3, but nVidia takes smaller steps between their generations.. And her card was a beast when it came out, the GTX version of the 8800 was amazing and can still throw quite a punch, but it was never enough for crysis to be smooth on high graphics, (two of them were though!)

Anyway, considder upgrading to a gpu which is from this generation, considder upgrading to W7 64bit, especially you mindstar you will enjoy the performance boost you'll get from that extra gb of ram.

2. First, the minimum are for medium settings so if they specify this for high settings then I should be able to play at 17-23fps(which is ok with me) with one or two v.high then mixed medium/high and some on low without any AA.

It used to work sure, but do you expect us to upgrade our systems every 6months? the card I got now cost about 250us$ 6-8months ago, I never said I got uber stuff I know it's crappy and not what I want but it should certainly be enough to run this game.
    I know it's not latest generation and so on, but do you really expect people to pay up to 7-800us$ for just a gpu every 6-12months?

And I been forced to think about Win7 but as we all know money dont grow on trees for some reason :/

PS. I studied alot of graphs about components that I want so thats nothing new to me, just that the money my tree dont produce isn't enough atm

sry for off topic post MS9

3. I have the same issue and already encountered it twice before during the hydra event.

Looking so far i see only people with NVidia experiencing it.

I think it is related to avatar clothing/textures or so. I get it only in places that are loaded with people.

MSI GT628 laptop with Windows 7 32-bit
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor
    Intel® PM45+ICH9M
    15.4" TFT-LCD Display
    nVIDIA Geforce GTS 160M 3D Graphic Card with 1GB DDR3 @ 1680 x 1050
    Memory Type DDR3 1066MHz (4Gb)

Cheers
    Siam

4. I know the requirements are for medium, but you said you used to play on high so I gave you a graph with fitting settings.
    And I'm sorry, but you must have got your facts wrong or you paid a shitload too much for your card.

I bought my 5850 a year ago (almost exacly.) for 359$, at the time it was the second best GPU out and it still keeps up with todays games. (note, the 5870 which was the top at the time was priced at about 500$)
    And for you to pay 250 for an old budget card.. (yes, it was old even back then.)

And you tell me money doesn't grow on trees?
    Come on, it seems like you think they do since you dish out 250 for an old budget card when you could get one which was several times better. (note, 4870 used to cost 250$ a year ago.)

I bought a semi-expensive card. (where expensive would be 850$ish) and I can keep it for a long time, when It's time for me to upgrade I can choose to buy a cheap card and have to upgrade soon or pay a little extra and keep it for a longer time.
    Note, I do not believe money grows on trees, as a rather poor student I saved up cash for more than a year to buy this card, I knew I wouldn't be able to buy a card when the HD4xxx series came out, though I knew I would be able to save up and purchase one of cards that came from a generation later.

I just seem to value my money a little more.
    (eventhough I did accidentically deposit 200$ usd :D x))

Long story short, I believe without a doubt that the reason the game is crashing is because of Mindark since you haven't done any change to your system at all and it worked before the patch.

5. To not make it personal and more off topic I sent you a PM instead

6. What? Noo!
    The internet is serious beezwax!

7. Alright EU is running Perfectly fine now. I am able to play with maxed out settings and no bs popup telling me I don't have enough ram. I highly recomend upgrading to a 64bit system since there is something obviously wrong with 32bit systems not being able to recognize its cached rom as available rom to use for EU.

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.