Roadmap 2018

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by McCormick, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Hell no?:shock:

• Like Like x 1
  2. If Mindark is turning away from withdrawals in dollars, then I need to be quick too.

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/deepto...y-mindark-tickets-40880568882?aff=erelexpmlt#

It was in London and free after work today. Oh man. I'd have been so tempted to go (and drag Az with me) if I'd known. Still... lets looks at the description shall we? Highlighting any buzzwords or words I've never seen before.

MindArk, a Swedish virtual reality company founded in the 1990’s will provide an overview on how they are applying Blockchain technology on their platform and how they are applying open standards in this space.

[so I guess this means they are going to be using some open source code for implementing something that uses blockchain concepts? Licences will need to be considered if so. Some require derived works to also be open source - can't see MA being too keen on open sourcing the platform or even part of it]

The first video game was thought to be engendered virtually 60 years ago in October 1958 by, Physicist William Higinbotham, it was a simple tennis game. Since then, gaming has become an immersive experience through a host of deep technologies such as AI, ML, AU & VR.

[AU? Artificial... er... um... Unicorns? OK VR and AI are a given but are there any games that make significant and recognised use of Machine Learning? (or to go back to the 80's for a moment, Neural Nets as we used to call them)]

Mindark AB through its Entropia Macrocosm a platform is about to open source much of its deep tech through a Token offering denominated Deeptoken. For the long-term prosperity of the Entropia open platform accommodations, there is a desideratum for (a) governance structures and (b) incentive mechanisms for developers and users to participate in an incipient two-sided market for applications.

[What is Deep Tech? is it like Deep Learning because that is a current buzz word? Are MA really going to open source some of their code? (pull the other one)]

In this paper, MindArk will present Deeptoken—a blockchain token protocol that ameliorates upon the earlier design of the Entropia Macrocosm. Deeptoken introduces decentralized governance and incentive mechanisms for ecosystem magnification, and enables incipient features like support for games and enterprise business developers to access deep technology and license their engenderments for more expeditious use. Deeptoken is a major upgrade to the Entropia Macrocosm and, like earlier major technology upgrades, will be proposed as the next immensely colossal milestone in the history of the macrocosm.

----

Wow... they really tried hard with the fancy words there. If they aren't careful, there's the chance someone might actually have the slightest clue what on earth they are going on about (nothing - but they don't want anyone to know that of course).

So to me, what this sounds like they are trying to say is this:

"We're going to re-write the transaction layer/code in entropia to be distributed using the blockchain model of doing things in a decentralised manner. We will make this open source so others can use the code in their own games."

I really wish I'd known in advance so I could have gone. I think I'd have permanently had my hand up.

Wistrel

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

This guy might be one to follow. He seems to run a company that runs pay for workshops introducing developers to programming for Ethereum. https://twitter.com/thebc_connector and of course he ran the MA ICO night this evening.

5. If this is in fact MA and not ND then you are spot on here -- But this is OpaloMan talking and not OZtwo.

Edit sorry, had to post that on PCF.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  7. Mostly in response to obvious devaluation of 'tech', it was coined a few years to mean "tech that contains meaningful innovation and expands technological frontiers". For example:

• another cat website is 'tech'; a website run by cats would be 'deep tech'
    • another pizza delivery drone is 'tech'; a garbage collection drone would be 'deep tech'
    As it goes with most buzzwords, it soon became an excuse to ask for investors' money without having to explain what exactly it's going to be used for. Seems to me MA is getting the drift. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

David Simmons

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I love this definition so much! (ok I mean I wish this sort of thing didn't happen of course but the definition is spot on!)

10. No what I am saying is that NEVERDIE was given 5 Million dollar worth of Ethereum, which are worth now 8 Million in his ico.
    He has this money period.

In return people got his tokens, but his tokens are so bad that they are only worth 1.5 million at market currently.
    Because he basically do not provide exchange, do not provide liquidity (market making) and people owning coins are trapped right now, and can't even sell or trade the tokens because of this, no ability to sell. (at lest short term) so it has loads of red flags because of this also.

And about what you talking about yep, for now he's apparently making some 2D game that have no relation with the whole sale speech from ico.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. San

San

My spontaneous association with the term "deep tech" is a root canal. Or the latest Orwellian plans of enforcing government backdoors into all so-called intelligent devices (sources in German).

In contrast, "Deep Token" looks rather shallow as it doesn't appear to contain anything which so many other tokens don't already have. It's just about making your own to control for your own purpose. The thought of doing something with cryptocurrency in the realm of VR and games is natural, of course. And it could be interesting, but we don't know any details yet and marketing hyperbole is the last source I'll draw for shaping an opinion. Will wait for dev notes.

12. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

In other crypto news I hear that one particularly popular Etherium game involving cats is pulling rather a lot of the network traffic available on the platform. Sounds like it might have issues with scalability.

I also heard that the charge to validate a transaction now on bitcoin is so high (in USD equivalent) that you'd want to be careful what you use it to pay for.

Steam have also ditched it because the price is shooting up so fast, by the time a transaction has been validated, the payee has either paid too much, or too little (because the price changed a lot in the time between).

Understandable really. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of crypto currencies but I keep hearing about these practicality/scalability issues. Like for example the size of the damn blockchain.

I wonder if there is some way the blockchain might be somehow stored like a torrent file. i.e. so that you only need a lot of people with a little bit of it, rather than a bunch of people holding on to the whole thing. (or as is what typically happens, a bunch of people holding on to the whole thing for a bunch of other people who don't want to).

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Bitcoin in total apparently currently uses more electricity than the country of Denmark.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. :nana:

:naughty:

15. Many of the dead ICOs were doomed from the start. It will come as no surprise to learn that projects such as Clitcoin, Neverdie, and Zero Traffic didn’t make it. (Update: Neverdie has since been in touch to claim that reports of its demise are premature.)

https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-ye...=notification&utm_campaign=Push Notifications

16. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

What did he say?

Update: Just saw it was a direct quote from the Forbes article.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

It's sort of referencing a Mark Twain quote.

18. 2019 Update ! :D

There was no roadmap ;p

19. They will deliver map after they find road.
    Is ofc hard as they have already lost years ago.

• Funny Funny x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.