Return of the TT Chomper Bash #2 Saturday April 3rd

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by jaywalker, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Following the success of our previous Chomper Bashes, My soc -TAO- are planning to hunt young Chompers with opalos, again ( well, actually any TT wep is permitted, but opalo would be advisable. Please see the hunt rules, below) and we would like to invite other Calypsans to join the team...or, rather, teams! (we had two full teams last time, and i wouldn't be surprised to find we get even more ppl this time)

If you think that Chompers might be a bit difficult for you, read on and think again

Chompers have very low aggro. You have to practically bump into one, or shoot it, before it reacts, so don't worry about getting mobbed. And they regenerate health very slowly, so there's no tearing hurry to finish them off.

The young ones do up to 120 damage - 70% impact, 30% cold. Is it worth wearing armour? Well, I find that Polaris(L) with 5b enables me to survive approximately 3 hits, so long as they're not crits! (it deals with all the cold, and a bit of the impact) I don't think that anything less is worth bothering with. And you could likely find better combos than this. ..if your PED card allows. For most of us, i think the best option is just to go naked, and rely on "safety in numbers". We won't be going too far from revive, so when you do get stomped on, just heal yourself and run straight back. Or take Pricey's advice, and stop shooting, start fapping, the moment they land a hit on you (he was only member of my team who managed not to die - no, even once!- last time out)

Interested?
    Meet at Oshiri Hearts TP from 23.00 UTC Saturday April 3rd for a 23.30 start (It takes a while to sort out the teams)

Try to arrive sooner rather than later. Also, please post here, or drop me a PM if you intend to come, so i can estimate numbers. Or, if you can't make this one, but would like to know about future open hunts, likewise

If you don't yet have Oshiri TP: Entropia Tour Agency have kindly agreed to run from New Oxford to Oshiri on the previous wednesday, 21.00. Many thanks to Stave for this :)

jay :)

Hunt Rules
    Permitted weapons: Any TT weapon (amp optional), unamped cb5, or similar. No enhancers allowed!
    Loot distribution: loot will be automatically split by "stack share". Any single item worth 50 PED or more (including mark-up) should be immediately handed to the team leader, to be equally split between the team members. So long as funds permit, an estimated value (minus expected auction feeds)will be distributed on the spot. If this is not possible, then names and contact details will be taken and loot distibuted after the item is sold in auction. People on their way back from revive will be entitled to a full share.
    In the event of us splitting into two or more teams, items will be split amongst the team that looted the item only , unless the item is worth 200 PED or more, in which case it will be split across all teams

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

ummm...would a mod please correct the typo in the thread title for me? :redface: And maybe add the date? So it reads: Return of the TT Chomper Bash #2 Saturday April 3rd. Thanks.
    And can you tell me how to attract the mods attention to a post if it isn't abuse or harassment or whatnot? (was gonna use the little alert button but it sternly warned me to ONLY use that button in such cases)

Btw, I have posted this here first, because the other forum doesn't allow reposting of "their" material on other sites. I'm guessing you don't have a problem with me reposting this thread on EF?

2. narfi

narfi Lost

Return of the TT Comper Bash #2

Because of RL I have a hard time making ingame commitments, but I will post a link to this thread in my soc's forum to see if any of them would be interested in joining you.

It sounds like lots of fun!

narfi

3. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Hey Jay :)
    Sending a reported post is fine - but you can also always sent a pm to admin@entropiaplanets.com or lykke@entropiaplanets.com - but by sending a reported post message you are sure either Peter or I will see it. This time I saw it first, this very early morning from bed via Iphone ... so you see, we will eventually see it :D

And again, we are not 'other' forums, though we would prefer a link in threads posted on other forums to this forum :D - this is not a 'rule'. We have no problems crossing over info, as we have no problems if other forums are mentioned either.

Good luck with the event - it looks really awesome !!

4. tyvm , lykke :)
    re. the report button: well, that note

("Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts")

made me feel that I was committing some kind of cardinal sin by reporting my OWN post just for a typo in the heading...which is why, i tried , in vain, to attract your attention with a footnote instead lol

any chance the wording can be changed, to reassure the faint-hearted , such as yours truly?

but, heck, now I'm going off -topic in my own thread! :eek:

PS was gonna add a link to here, but was too embarassed by the the typo. Besides, the text is pretty much re-hashed from an original post, some months back, on EF....er, shhhhh

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Back on topic:

Thanks, Narfi :) Yep, it is a lot of fun :) even for yer stressed-out organiser here (who will run around trying to please everyone heh. despite being well old enough to know better!)

5. Quick bump. Just half an hour to go! :)

Get up to Oshiri , guys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.