Resource Distribution for new Planet Partners

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Neuromancer, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Brainstormers Official Brain Glue

An interesting thing happened the other day.

A soc mate was mining on Next Island and came back with what would normally be a pvp4-only resource on Calypso.

I'm curious how en/ore resource distribution is handled for the planet partners. In the case of planet specific resources such as the RT rocks or NI crystals I would presume MA secretly scatters them within a certain area set by the planet owner. Default resources like lyst or oil would probably be set by MA.

Can planet partners buy certain resources? Himi, BM, solis, dunkel etc?

It also gets into a conflict of interest issue if the planet partner has an ava actively mining in an area they have set up with a busload of ruga, for example.

...or maybe it is just a bug

2. Well I guess only MA decides where ore/enmatter will be placed and in this case they decided to give us some BM... so what? As u can read in entropiatimes... planet partners can NOT buy themselfes certain features for their planet from MA (with extra payment).

3. Thorn

Thorn Proud CND Baby

Since the plan was for MA to administer the basic economy I really don`t think there is much to speculate about. I think they just put out the resources in the same quantities that they would on Calypso and spread them around accordingly. This way it does`nt screw up the balance they want to maintain for the universe as a whole, the economy as a whole. It would stand to reason that with the universe expanding and presumably more players signing on that the limited resources of one planet for specific minerals will not be enough to sustain us all. But of course they will tweak just like they always have to fit their needs. Things will get rarer or more common to facilitate crafting needs. But it should remain as an MA level decision. The planet partners though will be able to use different names like they have on RT and NI. But amounts and rarity will be based on need.

4. To the specific issue, keep in mind that someone posted (unfortunately it's way to late in the am for me to search and find the post) that when they logged in there were PVP areas with bots in NI West, that both disappeared after one of the server restarts.
    So probably the rare minerals and ores remain in PVP zones in all planets. Also keep in mind that mining is a bit bugged in Next Island too at the moment - Vibrant Sweat was found as a mineral...

5. Nobatti

Nobatti Guest

hmm. is there a screenie with those PVP areas ?

Anyway, seems the resource in question was found in pretty innoccuous looking areas, wouldn't think it to be a pvp.

Also, notice that the sweat that was found was an enmatter, not mineral.

The crystals, those are loot from mobs, not mining. And boy are there a ton of different varieties

6. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Brainstormers Official Brain Glue

I was thinking about this while riding my bicycle to work to day.

I would agree that NI is very much a work in progress and it might end up that the BM claims are in a pvp area after a patch or two.

Also, the conflict of interest issue isn't such a big deal - the amount of BM available (for example) would be a drop in the bucket compared to the cash required to set up up a partner planet.

So get the BM while you can, before the price drops or a pvp area is setup.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.