Quake Live, do you play it?

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by IluvBread, Aug 5, 2010.

1. I've been trying to write a decent thread forever here, back story about quake and whatnot but I keep deleting them because I don't think they are good enough, so this is basically what I want to have said.

Does anyone else here play quake live? Or quake 3? Anything quake?
    I would love to play with a fellow EP'er, I've ran out of friends to play with, they got bored and don't share my ... "passion" for quake.

I just love the fact that It's so very different from most fps's, It's not about point and click It's about outmanouvering your opponent, outsmart and constantly surprise them.

So yeah, anyone would ever want to play a game that literally takes (almost) no time to install?

Then go to www.quakelive.com and play, It's basically quake 3 but in your browser, so you just click yes to install their plugin and voila, you are ingame in under 5 minutes! AMAZING STUFF! :D

2. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Down for maintenance :(

3. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

litle intro i found on it, if its up again ill bookmark the site and try it out, i used to love playin it :bigsmile:

4. Gotta love air-rockets. <3
    Really nice video by the way, nice find!

5. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

I signed up, launched a game.
    And i'm having mouse/aim issues.
    I can't aim at anything else then the floor and my mouse doesn't change to crosshairs.

Any fix for this?

6. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Wow that looks AWESOME! Very much DOOMish too? I use to play DOOM - but got so dizzy lol

7. Dalas

Dalas ANF Master & "Death Limited" Healer

I have played it. Wanted to hone my old FPS skills (EU makes you slow!). Played a few games and it was indeed awesome.

I will have to get back on it and get prawned by you :)

8. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

I found several fixes on the forum, but none of them works for me..

9. I'll take that as a challenge!
    Add IluvBread whenever you can! :D

10. There are several console commands, you have probably seen them in the forum allready.

But try using Iexplorere isntead of FF for example and see if that changes anything, try ctrl+enter several times.

11. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

The only thing that works is moving the mouse outside the game screen, but it's very inaccurate and i can't shoot.

12. Have you tried any of the console commands?

13. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Yep, that's the fix the forum gave me.
    It doesn't work.
    It seems like the window that reads my mouse commands is on another place as the actual game window.

I'll wait and see if they provide another fix.

14. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

my system has some weird isues with it too, textures of guns and walls and avas just wont load right , nearly tempts me getting quacke <-old spelling booboo habit... from steam.

15. :(
    Keep watching the support forum and post about your problems.

16. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

It is working now, but it fucks around with windows aero..

17. Yes, after you've played it in fullscreen and you quit your windows aero is reset or something, closing firefox fixes this.
    It's been like that since the closed beta.

Add me dude! IluvBread ! :D

18. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

I already added you yesterday :O

19. I think I might have accepted I don't know if I did or missclicked :P
    Can't see you in my nick.. You had the clown skin?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.