Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by RAZER, Jul 29, 2013.
That could be fun and dangerous all at the same time
A new video made for the game by Ahh The Egg.
For those keeping a eye on "Project Ion" trough the Entropia Planets forum i would like to share the release-notes from the new update.
Took the post from the official website.
Before dumping the official 0.5.9. release notes, I'd like to thank all of our regular suspects for their patience while we were finishing this new VU. It took us a while to overcome the erratic fps behavior after the engine update, but things are running very smoothly now. From observations (after silent launch yesterday) the server actually consumes 50% less resources and almost no increase in CPU consumption with a bunch of players hunting (each other )
Alright, and now on to the official introduction. The most noticeable additions in this update are the new PvP areas, one of which is shown on the map. Be careful in this area, even though it appears to contain a lot of valuable resources, you will lose all your raw materials upon death. The resources will be contained in a bag and can be picked up by anyone. The other PvP area is a small cage in Zion where players can conveniently challenge each other and practice their twitch skills risk free.
We hope you enjoy the new update and report any bugs potentially still lurking under the hood somewhere. There are also some nice surprises left to find out for yourselves and perhaps you might even find some clues in the following release notes.
release notes 0.5.9
- fixed: falling through the ground due to some holes in the terrain mesh and a bug in the input/position controller
- fixed: fall damage while teleporting and stamina loss while running on steep hills (up and down)
- fixed: water shader showed semi-transparent artifacts from distant trees
- fixed: the huge radar object which could be seen while falling through the ground
- fixed: readying and using tools/weapons by pressing the toolbar quick keys
- fixed: awkward behavior of the item info window (right-click inventory interaction)
- fixed: automatic unequiping when items are moved to storage etc.
- fixed: multiple issues fixed in the Pwn Shop (clean up on isle 5)
- fixed: adjusted healkit recipe missing 1 part
- fixed: a couple of issues with trade and team requests
- fixed: synching jump to remote players
- optimized: storage and inventory processing needed on the server
- optimized: character input controller almost completely rewritten
- optimized: AI server processing needs are reduced to a minimum
- changes: AI was changed to allow implementation of flying creatures
- changes: arrow buttons were added to the list of selectable inputs
- changes: some adjustment to mining now with three types of bombs
- new: PvP area where players drop their raw materials as a pickup when they die.
- new: in the new PvP area only team members or creatures will be visable on radar
- new: replaced johns ancient spider model with a free mutant spider asset from kalamona
- new: the first flying creature has been spotted, caution is advised considering the area
- new: buildings based on schlumpfsack's scifi package modified using a custom editor tool
- new: props from the unity asset store and some custom made using bits and parts
- new: recipes for the new bombs used in underground mining
- new: a medium PvP ring in Zion (as per player request)
- new: button on login window to reset player preferences
- new: server side storage and retrieval optimized for bulk data (preparing for skills )
(Some new screens from the new VU that i added myself.)
Thanks man, I checked it out and liked what I saw so far....i'll have to log in again and check it out. :)
OMG ... looks like Stargate TP's, awesome.
I already enjoyed this old world as well for some days already. :)
Thanks to Tesla Coil and Egg for supporting me. ;D
I actually managed to spend a few hours today without interuption...I like it. It's early of course..but it really had the PE feeling to it.
I spent the time exploring looking for Hemp and wood...but it really had a nice feeling. I'll be spending some time there I think :)
Thanks for pointing it out guys...nice project!
Seen the spaceship already?
Enjoy Egg his newest creation, shedding a light on the spaceship raid.
Yes, I actually just watched that video on FB and it looked like fun for sure. Obie and I are going to see if we can manage to have a go with it just for the experience, but not exactly sure when yet. We'll let Leo know on FB when we can fit the time in.
Very awesome! Just watching that video brought back such great feelings. maybe there;s a home for some of us old cranky farts yet! :D
But maybe i'm the only one that got that weird feeling like I was on a real adventure when I ran up that ramp in the old days...no matter if it was my first or 100'th....lol
I honestly thought the spirit of PE was dead....glad it's still alive.! This video clealy show's it's not the graphics but the feeling ;) Really loving project ion. :)
PE had THE special spirit, agreed :)
Not sure about the eta, but these sneak peaks are released so far regarding new avatars.
You can also try out the avatar creation web-player demo released some 2 months ago.
link to webplayer
And yes, we can also create females now in the avatar creation demo, to bad not yet in the project itself.
(show us those double D's)
Another famous Entropian has hit Project Ion, this time it was Pig Benis Hateraid with a Pig Plays - Project Ion - First Look.
Enjoy and feel free to subscribe on Pig his youtube channel.
He did and doing great reviews on a wide range of games, with the main focus on his current favorite game Entropia Universe. (Most of you will know him already)
PigBenis decided to come back and make a more in-depth review of Project Ion.
Checking out the video's and giving them a like will be very much appreciated.
Besides this two new video's you can also visit the newly updated FAQ on the developers website.
It gives answers to both players and developers alike including the often asked question regarding the RCE aspect.
Keep up the great work, this looks awesome :)
Thanks for stopping by m8, and feel free to come check it out yourself :)
Playing the current demo version will give a nice comparison on how the game is evolving with the next update and so on.
Everything is coming closer to the point of release.
V.U 0.6.0 will be another milestone reached and we can expect more frequent updates after this upcoming V.U.
The developers launched 2 small sneak-peak video's.
Nice! Can't wait for the VU. Really having fun in PI so far! :)
Looking good... the landscape could do with prettying up some but I guess that is low priority behind basic systems