PostModerna: Latest Updates to Base Camp

Discussion in 'PostModerna' started by EP-Newsbot, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Yes, I know it has been awhile since I have written in my blog. I have been pretty consumed with my personal life (another story) , RL work and management tasks for this project. Nonetheless, I was able to get a few things done this weekend that I have been needing to do. One of [...]

More...

2. Im sorry.. I have not been keeping up with the "new planet partners" (Many years of MA has taught me to not expect anything - hence I never read up on much new info until it is released)...

however.. I just read this news and this bothers me:
    Is that planet made by ONE person who is using demo software to create a universe where he expects us to spend time/money in?

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Hey SF. Planet PostModerna is an indie project, so there's no bag of corporate money backing it. It also is not an official planet partner yet, for that reason. The multiverse environment referred to is a free version of a graphics engine with some additional common gaming stuff pre-created, which is used to build a showcase/prototype of the project. The idea is that this prototype will later on be shown to investors in order to obtain funding.

But it is by no means a single person project. Alan has managed to secure help from various talented people helping out with artwork, development and modelling.

4. Hey there Starfinder,

Regards to the first part, I understand. Still I am sure they do a pretty good with what they have to do.

As far as the last part, if you follow our project, you will see that this is an indie project manned by a team of people that volunteer their time and talents. It does make for a slower process but still things get done and we are moving along.

There is a lot involved not just making models. There is story development, coding, quest design, and other management and project items designed to make money for the project to keep it moving forward.

As far as what we are doing related to using the demo SpeedTree, it is a little less (can't find the right adjective to use :D ) than what you are interpreting. SpeedTree contracted with Multiverse to make a select group of models from it's library available and a sample of SpeedTree for use with Multiverse Worlds. These models are not handicapped like the actual SpeedTree trial/demo which removes every 5th polygon. They are full models and come complete with their wind effects and LOD functions.

We are using this small "live demo" to fill in where we would put plant and tree objects until we buy our own licensed version. At that point we will have access to the full library and can design custom plants and trees for the base world and sub-world areas.

Just to let you know and to help you better understand our project, we are building a demo so we can use it to pitch to potential investors and build a community of people that will support the project.

You can learn more about the project by visiting our website (Virtual World, Planet Postmoderna).

Thanks for your comments.

Flap

5. Hey there Starfinder,

Regards to the first part, I understand. Still I am sure they do a pretty good with what they have to do.

As far as the last part, if you follow our project, you will see that this is an indie project manned by a team of people that volunteer their time and talents. It does make for a slower process but still things get done and we are moving along.

There is a lot involved not just making models. There is story development, coding, quest design, and other management and project items designed to make money for the project to keep it moving forward.

As far as what we are doing related to using the demo SpeedTree, it is a little less (can't find the right adjective to use :D ) than what you are interpreting. SpeedTree contracted with Multiverse to make a select group of models from it's library available and a sample of SpeedTree for use with Multiverse Worlds. These models are not handicapped like the actual SpeedTree trial/demo which removes every 5th polygon. They are full models and come complete with their wind effects and LOD functions.

We are using this small "live demo" to fill in where we would put plant and tree objects until we buy our own licensed version. At that point we will have access to the full library and can design custom plants and trees for the base world and sub-world areas.

Just to let you know and to help you better understand our project, we are building a demo so we can use it to pitch to potential investors and build a community of people that will support the project.

You can learn more about the project by visiting our website (Virtual World, Planet Postmoderna).

Thanks for your comments.

Flap

6. lol. I just read your post. I started to respond to SF and then went on to the next. Sorry about that. :)

Thanks for the explanation on our behalf.

Our project appreciates you both a lot.

A

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.