Planet citizenship, the EP poll

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Xandra, Nov 16, 2011.

How to get planet citizenship done best?

Poll closed Dec 16, 2011.
  1. The before-planet players should decide once where they'd belong to.

16.7%
  2. A poll every year for the min. 1-year-old ppl would do even better.

55.6%
  3. Nooooo - don't change anything!

11.1%
  4. Gimmi cookie plz, and buy my sweat!

16.7%
  1. Hi,

this is a dupe of a poll I made on EF, here.
    I came to the conclusion that it would better suited here (thx, Tass!).
    So, read and vote (original text, plz read the PS):
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I came in late '05, and never ever then had a choice to choose a planet where I'd want to live on. I became a Calypsonian, automatically.
    (I'm quite sure that this fits to at least a huge part of the participants.)

Even if I went to Arkadia as soon as it was available, and since then only had just a 30 min stay on Calypso to fetch my remaining storage, I'm still a Calypsonian - and Calypso gets a nice share of all I spend.

But since I'm not on Calypso all the time, I'm a 2nd rate Calypsonian. I pay the fees, but don't get the gifts. Is my money sent to Calypso, earned on Arkadia, worth less then the money anybody else earns for Calypso?

This is not correct. I don't want to be a 2nd rate citizen, and I want my money to go to the ppl that actually do something for me. Regarding the present available planets, and the upcoming ones, this might become a problem to you, too. Maybe even faster then you can imagine. Think of it, now. Or whine, later.

So I propose 2 possibilities:

1. Anybody that entered the game before the first planets went on-line gets a one-time choice to what planet it want to belong.
    2. Alternatively, every account with 1 year play time or above gets asked once a year what planet it wants to belong.

Belonging to a certain planet might yield a quite tiny better loot there, but this is not mandatory.

Main reason for this is to create a method to pay planet partners for their efforts. Who does a good job might get more (paying) citizens. Who does a bad one might loose them.

I understand that the recruiting efforts of the PP's should be honored. Thus the choice #2, where they'd have a full year to persuade a new participant. Choices #1 and #2 are quite related, and could live side a side, right?

Think of it, and choose your vote.

Have a good time, and phat lootz!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I want to emphasize that it's not about the gifts. This was poorly formulated by me, I admit. It's about the equality of the Planet Partners, and equal chances. You might want to read the discussion in the linked thread, but this isn't mandatory.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi there,

I may be a little gray about the question but here are my thoughts if I am understanding right. You are a citizen of the planet you prefer to play on the most and that you consider your avatar's birthplace or home. Mine, for instance is Calypso. That is where I started out (made my account) and no matter what planet I visit, that is still home. Like you, I have played for awhile although, only on and off and when I can.

Structurewise, your account is tied to the planet you started out at. The planet you spend money on gets the benefit of your presence there (in a monetary sense) and your home planet always gets a piece of the action no matter what planet you live on. That is the way it is set up.

The whole citizenship project (I believe) is not designed to change that. It really is meant to encourage players to make Calypso their home and where they play and spend most of their time. I hope that makes sense.

A

3. Hi,

I actually think of this. But can you imagine the hassle? And the costs for chipping out/ chipping in again, and the lost skills?
    Add to it that I'd need to choose a new name, at least slightly different that the one I use for 6 years now.
    I think of asking MA for a "grace period" of a few weeks, where I could use 2 Avatars (Xandra_old and Xandra_new) before "Xandra_old" would be deleted. Such might work, but it's not a real solution for me. And to be honest, I don't really understand why this should be required at all.

The problem with the planet citizenship is created by MA, with their poor choice to "kidnap" all & any of the older players for the planet they (MA) now own themselves. And as it seems, that they want to keep now.

Exactly, and this is a disadvantage to all & any of the new Planet Partners - unavoidably there is a huge number of players that never had a chance to decide where to spawn - the new planets just didn't exist yet. All participants of the long year playerbase belong to Calypso now.

This way MA has made sure to get the biggest piece of the cake, and now even starts to sell a piece from this cake to participants of his own planet, to pay for a Ad campaign. Since this Ad campaign is payed by Calypso Land Lot Shares, what Planet will be advertised? You bet. This isn't what I like, it's clearly boosting Calypso only at the expense of other Planet Partners.

At the very least a one-time choice would have been correct for the participants that never had an opportunity to select a planet they feel belonging to. See option #1.

Ways better IMHO would be a yearly choice for every 1-year-old participant to select the planet that has persuaded her in the last year. This way the effort and the care of the Planet Partners would result in an financial benefit, it would add to the competition among the planets without putting anyone in disadvantage.

EU is dependent of the success of all Planet Partners, isn't it? Would EU survive the crash of another Planet Partner? Does it really make sense when MA now cannibalizes their Planet Partners?

There's a lot more to this, discussed elsewhere. My poll here is a try to start with a relatively small problem, that nevertheless hurts quite some of the older players, and the other Planet Partners. Even a one-time choice (as smallest denominator) would result in a more just balance of planet population numbers, and planet income distribution.
    This would help the new Planet Partners, and as such would help to the success of the the whole Entropian Universe, and such would help MA, me, and you.

Have a good time!

4. Hmmm, just had a thought...........

have you by any chance bought any land deeds? :D

Your point has validity, but you do seem to have neglected to notice the fact that once you have 4 or 5 years of accumulated PED in a readily withdrawable form, that just taking it out becomes a very real possibility.

That would not be good for the game overall I suspect.

5. Hi,

12 (3 for old players once, 9 for yearly poll): 1 now, quite a clear result. Cookie fiends ignored :)
    On EF it's a bit different, 17 (11 for old players once, 6 for yearly poll): 11 now, Cookie fiends ignored too. Quite some that think that privileging "their planet" would be of benefit.

Anyways, 29 players would love a change. 12 would oppose. I'd really love to see more votes!

Have a good time!

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

Which lets me conclude EF is still simply very much MA's little propaganda toy mainly serving MA/Calypso audience who are of course interested to keep as much spent PED as possible on Calypso.

EP seems to rather attract an all-planets interested audience who would like to have the option to support the planet(s) they are playing on the most.

What's so bad in having a choice? Even people who strictly play on the planet of their arrival only should accept that others might want to have a choice.

7. Bizarrick

Bizarrick Otherwise Engaged

I didn't know that the planet you spawn on gets a share... that's unfair for new planets, but I guess they were okay with that since they had to sign contracts and whatnot.

Morally speaking, I guess you're right. It makes sense to have a say in the matter and you should be able to change citizenship if you so chose. I'm stuck on Calypso because I don't have the means to explore and choose but I would definitely leave the planet for a more nurturing ground if I'm ever given the choice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.