Pics of new PC build

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by nexus7, Sep 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Just some pics here of my new build. Only an average Athlon II dual core setup in a bog standard midi case, but it's nice and quiet which is a first and doesn't turn my SoHo into a fridge like the last one did due to a crappy gfx-card fan that was doing too many RPM's :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit... It should be 2x4GB g.skill RAM, not 2x8GB.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Very nice build. Bet that's ripping it huh? ;)

3. Thanks there ;) It's generally really good, but I think the VGA rivers are way out of date so will have to be installing the latest one's from ATI, so I'm not out of the woods yet.

4. Looking good the Nexus. hope all goes well with the graphics drivers. Been thinking about building one myself but decided i don't currently have the time!

5. Thanks for that. The card is an MSi R5450 which basically means ATI HD 5000 series... The latest drivers that I downloaded via Windows 7 is dated 26 January 2011, but still some probs with the rendering. I can play OK at medium settings but then of course I'm not getting the full cryengine 2 experience, so I'm a bit miffed seeing as this is supposed to be a 1GB, shader 3.0 DrectX.11 card. I'll sort it out somehow, or RMA it!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
  6. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

New PC looks great, very neat build. Well done Nexus7, I hope you have many, many hours of fun playing on this beast. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.