PHP/MYSQL based financial tracking software?

Discussion in 'Entropia Tools' started by Magyar, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Im curious if anyone has done this yet:

My society has need of financial tracking software that can be customized for the Planet Entropia Dollar, and inventory management relating to the PED. We would like this software to be able to be viewed and managed via a secure website over PHP. Ideally I will integrate this page into my existing drupal install.

The goal is to have accontants managing the finances but have peer review available on demand for anyone who is interested and who has proper page access credentials.

Anyone attempted this? Thought about it? Have any leads as to where I should look.

Much appreciated

-MR

2. Heh there is no limit to the amount of time you can spend on something like this!

Right, where to start... okay so what you need is a small scale open source warehouse and a small scale open source accounting software.
    Or you go all out and set up a full blown ERP solution, just because these integrate warehousing and accounting with one another.

If you are really set on integrating it with Drupal I suggest to check out the module sites.
    A quick search at the drupal.org site turns this up for warehousing
    Inventory Management | drupal.org

for accounting the only module coming close seems to be this one, which is not finished
    Budget | drupal.org

but maybe you can use this and adapt it to the accounting as well as warehousing needs?
    Sheetnode | drupal.org
    With using the rights management system of Drupal you could make sure that only people with correct authorization access a given sheet.

Good luck :)

3. Hey,

I looked at Sheetnode as well. It seems like it could be a very nice and elegant solution, at least in the interim. Unfortunately solutions like this dont get much attention and the majority of them are outdated. Theres web based apps that do it alot better. Call me crazy, but I would prefer to have a functional app than a flashy one, and have it integrated into my actual website. The website would then be more, oh... whats the word... useful! Yes thats it.

I may yet start using Sheetnode, if I cant find something better or a developer who loves to do work for free! hahaha :-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.