Perfection

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by GeorgeSkywalker, Mar 13, 2012.

1. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Perfection

What follows are ideas on a perfect shop and a perfect mob if there can be such a thing. Perfection perhaps is in the eye of the beholder?

Shops
    -------
    With regard to shops so far what I have seen in game is mundane. Lacks creativity and is mostly based on real life. In a virtual world where anything is possible why limit yourself?

Why not explore more creative ideas? Why not create a whole new environment within the confines of a shop? To truly create a more mesmering experience. Shopping as you've never experienced it before...

For example dedicate a whole server to a shopping area. This should provide enough space for each shop to create within it a whole new fantasy world. These fantasy worlds could be themed. For example one themed on a fantasy garden. The idea here being to create a tranquil and relaxing area. Note the flora and other structures within this fantasy garden/shop shop should not be anywhere else in the game.

If each shop was spacious like this and had it's own unique design this shopping area would be a tourist attraction just for the experience.

Lastly don't ruin such a shop by providing a maze which we have to negotiate just to enter. The maze is probably there to isolate outside and inside of a shop so an avatar inside a shop should not be able to see outside.

A better solution than sticking a maze on an entrance would be to create a televator inside and outside. Ideally this televator should immediately televate you to it's destination as soon as you step on it and require no interaction. So when your outside as soon as you step on it you get televated inside.

What's your thoughts? What would be your ideal shop?

Mob
    -----
    For the mob the perfect stats for it would be:
    Minimum HP: 600
    Regen rate: Maximum possible
    Aggro: Minimum
    Damage: Average (easily coped by mid level armour such as gremlin/ghost)
    Loot: Potential for good L items

What makes this the perfect mob? Well that's for you to discuss :-)

(A planet partner who understands this game I'm sure will recognise it's potential)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hi,

love your idea about shops. On an own, dedicated server.

I'd imagine a more or less small island, showing some unusual scenery. TP's to and from it, and some additional cool stuff there. Maybe kind of a museum? And/ or a zoo?
    Imagine you'd be able to see all kinds of armors and clothes "live", maybe even try them out on yourself in kind of a magic mirror? And why not display all of the mobs, so that even the freshest of nOObs could safely admire the strongest of beasts?

Then, maybe divided in 4 quarters, one dedicated to armor & clothing, one to weapons & accessories, one to mining gear & accessories and finally a "mixed zone" holding resources, healing stuff and anything else.
    This division should be a proposal, not a requirement - everyone would be free to offer anything in any shop. But it would make navigation easier.

Ah - navigation! Maybe with terminals? Where you can search for offered stuff, like in the auction? And get a way point to the shop of your choice?

Also I like the idea to have televators to beam you into the else closed shops. This might reduce the lag a lot. The shop might display a sign at the outside, maybe a mannequin too, and the televator. Step on it, get asked "You want to enter?", hit [Enter], be inside :)

There might be even some kinds of mini games, like the shooting range in the supply outpost of the newbie quest chain. Offering some cheap pastime, maybe even with a possibility to win a small price. Or, at least, a place on a daily leader-board.

About the perfect mob:

Eeeekkk!!! I would not like that. We have plenty of these already.

Better this way:

Maximum HP: 200 (young) - 1000 (Stalker)
    Regen rate: none
    Aggro: Maximum
    Damage: C/S/I , maybe a bit Pen, 30 (Young) - 120 (Stalker)
    Loot: good loot :), beautiful hides, maybe Smuggler stuff.
    Occurrence: Sparsely mixed into other spawns, quite rarely. And maturity adapted to these spawns, as the unavoidable little annoyance. Like Esthos in Allo spawns.
    And then a few dedicated spawns with different maturities, but not too much.
    Maybe even some very few youngs randomly spawning in the vast else empty areas, to spice up mining a bit :)
    Picture: something like this ;-)))))
    Description: "The designated pest of Arkadia. This creature is an ever hungry predator, fast and aggressive. While not especially dangerous for seasoned colonists it can smell human flesh for miles, and usually comes in with lightning speed to chew on your armor. Luckily they reproduce quite rarely, may be that they prefer eating each other instead of making new [mobname]s? They are known to munch on everything closely resembling any kind of meat, but they seem to have developed a special taste for human newbie flesh."

Such a mob would be PERFECT!!!

For me, at least. I'm well aware that the Arkadian community will start to collect stones, tar and feathers now, to treat me well ;-)

Have a good time! Hmmm, where was this rock again where I used to hide beneath?

3. why MA should improve in any way the in game shop system when is with the auction that MA make a lot of money? (you know you pay a fee also if you don t sell your item).

The ingame shop system and MA-auction are clearly in competition......actually there is no competition in effect the in game auction destroy totally the shop system. Despite someone write around to be able to make money in Eu hunting mining or crafting (and i don t trust them) i never saw a post of someone become rich with his shop activity.

Your idea are good, just i think the shop system was and is some that allow MA/planet partners to make some fast cash, but clearly the shop system doesn t works because of the unfair auction competition. This should be fixed before to consider your idea

4. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

@Xandra yup that's the idea a whole new scenery for the shopping area. Could even have escalators that go from one shop to another. Like they have at airports.The possibilities are many...

I don't know about your perfect mob though. My mob will thrash yours ...lol

@Dendricala, Well competition is good. There is a place for both auction and shops. MA do not loose money fromn people shopping in shops. There is a tax a shopkeeper pays for each item sold. Shopping tax instead of auction tax so they don't loose either way.

Besides in the bigger scale of things shops are good for a planets economy. They in fact can make a planet prosper which is good for a PP, MA and players.

Just need a PP with vision and imagination to bring something liek this to life. The Televator for entrance/exit to a shop is something any PP can make use of even if they don't use the rest of the idea.

5. Awe Damn, I saw that image and thought WOW what planet is that going to be on!

/me hangs her head and walks away :unsure:

6. Hi,

Well, both are making money for MA, as George mentioned already. And both have a reason of existence, IMHO.

Shops are perfect to sell stuff that might need some time to get sold, or that comes in numbers.
    Auction is perfect for the fast-selling stuff.

For sure, there's some things I'd love to see improved:

1. I'd love to see the possibility to buy parts of a stack in shops: a miner could offer one huge stack each of all of his minerals, and you could buy as much as you'd need of it.

2. Contents of shops should be displayed in the auction. Not to sell there, but to get a way point to the shop. This way it would be much more easy to find stuff in shops, and shop owners would sell more.

3. All successful sales both in shops and auctions should be made available by MA, in whatever form, to make life easier for our brave friends that make those nifty price finding tools ;-)

Guess this would be beneficial to the economy. Add such special "shopping areas" like mentioned in the OP, maybe with some cheap leisure fun, and life could become more interesting for both buyers and sellers. IMHO.

Hehe, my idea was to add something we don't have already. I always broke down laughing on Eudoria when I had found a nice claim, just to suddenly see this red dot racing all over the radar to chew on my panties. This is what I really miss on Arkadia, Atrax, Merp, Tantillion or some relatives of it ...

Btw., I really like the new Nusul. Not only are they cute beyond tolerable, they also fit into the "mob ladder" quite nicely. A great mob for advanced nOObs like me :)

And I meditated a bit about your mob proposal. While I'm not a friend of high regen mobs it could make sense. Maybe a mob with max. regen, but a wide spread difficulty?

HP: 100( Young) - 2400 (Stalker)
    Regen rate: Maximum possible
    Aggro: Minimum
    Damage: Low (Young) - Average (Stalker)
    Loot: Potential for good L items (should carry a range of items depending on maturity)

This would be a nice mob then, asking for good firepower to bring down. Due to high regen it would usually yield good loot, and the young ones would be great for swunting or newbie team hunts. No idea if 2400 HP with max. regen would be possible at all, though.

Have a good time!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.