PC Hardware Do's and Dont's for Crytropia

Discussion in 'Technical, security and bug reports' started by Shadowsong, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Shadowsong

Shadowsong Collateral Damage

Man, expos are dangerous. After dehydrating from drooling over all the cool toys, I eventually settled on a laptop, would you believe.

Acer Aspire 6535, 4Gb ram and nVidia GeForce 9600M. I've just been running around Calypso with all settings maxed, and I must say it looks stunning. I'll probably have to ease back some of the settings once I start hunting again, because it is a bit rubbery with all the bells and whistles going, but at least I can see the cool eyecandy if I want.

It's a bit of a compromise, but it will also serve well for work, so all round I'm content.

2. Predden

Predden -= SHS =-

One of the DONTs that lots of ppl are doing is wasting all their money on a gfx card but dont bother to spend any money on a good PSU! With a larger psu than needed it will only run on lets say 50% of its capacity instead of forcing your old crappy one to run on 90%+ and generate a shitload of heat. And with that the fan in the PSU will have to run at full speed with high noise and disruption of the cases airflow as a result before it finally will work it self to death and in worst case take some of the rest of your pc with it. So spend a few bucks on a god PSU.

What I am running at the moment:
    PSU: Corsair HX 1000W
    CPU: Intel Core i7-950 3GHz
    MOBO: ASUS P6T7 WS SuperComputer X58
    RAM: Corsair Dominator DHX+ DDR3 1866MHz 12GB
    HDD: 2x Corsair SSD Extreme X128 in RAID 0 (OS drives)
    HDD: WD VelociRaptor 300GB (games/apps)
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 3,5 (Storage)
    GFX: XFX GeForce GTX 295 576M Xtreme 1792MB PhysX
    Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout

The loot still sux.:nana:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.