Patch Feb 7th!

Discussion in 'Next Island News & Information' started by Meg, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

Most importantly, we are having difficulties with the praetonium spawns. We expect to have it added to mined loot, in the desired quanities, and working as designed in the patch. But we will also be removing it from the Tropical Shades blueprint so you can have your Tropical Shades immediately, even if the mining difficulties continue.

Details on the rest of the patch here: Known Issues For Next Week’s Patch | Next Island Dev Blog

2. A very welcome change since this has made many players frustrated.

Thumbs up for the quick response Meg!

P.S. Since we're on the subject, we didn't have any BP drops from the new content so far, even though a number of people are clicking almost constantly. Should we continue to do so, or have they gone the praetonium way and we should wait for the patch?

3. Thank you Meg, for the update and thanks to the Dev team for the alterations that are going to make things easier all round.

4. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

Thanks guys. We are working really hard for a nice patch.

I have confirmed from MA that the blueprints for the new weapons have indeed been added to the crafting loot pool, but I haven't personally seen any in live yet.

5. so theres nothing wrong with the sword of courage and island slicer bp drops, just that they havent looted yet.. Maybe they loot hunting in Greece, but never known a BP to drop from Hunting - anyone in the past ever looted a bp hunting ?, im sure Meg wants to see people hunting in greece , but without the sword of courage or island slicer its hard to do other than try to loot ice daggers from isand sharks or use the tt equipment

Edit : I see crafting loot pool now - so no use hunting in ancient greece to loot it - perhaps we may have to craft in greece to loot it , but I they are now gonna be rare and expensive even though i have all the parts for both island slicer and sword of courage , but the bp gonna be bloody expensive if it hasnt looted by now , I thought i may have been a common bp ..

cheers..thanks for the update

PS : god, i hope it drops from crafting from Next Island crafting bp (as there are very few), not calypso ones as I forgot my calypso books, cause we are on Next Island not Calypso.

6. Hmm? 99.9% sure the drops will be from crafting another weapons bp.

7. Meg, btw, the 31st was a GREAT update!!!! NI is a new place now. Great work!!

8. Taken from the Dev Blog.....
    I was wondering why the shades used some of the rarer crystals. Poor noobs end up pay big bucks to craft what is supposed to be their "First Item".

Looking forward to doing a bit of clicking.

Menace

9. I took his post to mean that the BP's are now in the loot but he hasn't seen one get looted on thier test server yet.
    Lets hope this is the case.... not that you can craft much anyway without carrying a truck load of ores/en-mats up from Caly. Mining on NI is ROUGH! I dropped 600 PED worth of probes through unamped 105 finder. About the only thing I got the mats to craft now is basic filters. lol

Menace

10. The bad news is that I've crafted a load of p1a's and Shrieks from materials fetched over from Caly ad not liited an NI BP. despite getting a HoF today.

The good news is that I finally found a small Pratonium deposit. It was at a depth of 911 m. If they are all that deep, it's just as well that the noobs don't need to find it, to craft that BP

The other bad news is that Praetonium is now useless, ofc :D.

jay :)

11. The bad news is that I've crafted a load of p1a's and Shrieks from materials fetched over from Caly ad not liited an NI BP. despite getting a HoF today.

The good news is that I finally found a small Pratonium deposit. I was at a depth of 911 m. If they are all that deep, it's just as well that the noobs don't need to find it, yop craft that BP

The other bad news is that Praetonium is now useless, ofc :D.

jay :)

12. Well the shades are nice, the cut-down materials for them make them much better for newbies, the restored TP at the old Crystal Center - now First Wave Settlement - is nice to have back and the fog levels have lifted. So nice little patch and quick response to the problems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.