Pagination or infinite scrolling?

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by Tass, Feb 3, 2017.

Pagination or infinite scrolling?

Poll closed Feb 10, 2017.
  1. Pagination!

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Infinite scrolling!

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Tass

Tass Administrator

For the news article listings on the frontpage under the latest threads we have 2 options:
    • Pagination: a couple of articles will be listest and you can access more by clicking through "pages". That's what we have currently.
    • "Masonry" with infinite scrolling: articles will be listed in 2 columns and while you scroll down more of them will appear automagically. That's what we have at http://ludophiles.com/ .
    Of course all news are also accessible in the news category, maybe check out the first/last page and get an idea of what we might be up to ;)

2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Personally I regard infinite scrolling as one of those really annoying things of modern web design

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Tass

Tass Administrator

Will close the poll in ~24h. Last chance to vote.

And as soon as we know which path to take we can apply further performance tweaks and improvements :)

4. Tass

Tass Administrator

Pretty smart of me to mess up the forum login for the remaining time to vote as soon as the result matched my preference ;)

5. Tass

Tass Administrator

So it's pagination then, tyvm for voting everyone!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.