Our new top banner on EP

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Lykke TheNun, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

hahah :D you can't see the top of the orb ;) I cut off that part of the original picture. But the picture is beautiful - so here it is (still some top is missing) :):

[​IMG]

2. Lorfat

Lorfat Bad Looter King

ty ty :bowdown:

Feeling more calm already!:)

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

looks nice now :)

4. Fixed!

Pleasure :)

5. Lykke TheNun

Fixed!

.. you should try that bloody pinguin now :D

6. Fixed!

Bloody li'l game... and people say _I_ am mean to penguins... :evil:

7. Lykke TheNun

Update

You probably didn't notice :D (or try press ctrF5) but I resized our top banner to be a little bigger so you are able to see more of the awesome picture, I used. I also changed the logo a tiny little bit and added our motto; A forum for gamers by gamers.

Also I changed the back ground colour into the same colour all over, because the site seems more calm this way.

Finaly I made little updatet 'banners' for Moderators, Administrators, Contributors, Wiki Gurus, Tech Crews and brand new ones for planetpartners etc. aswell to make them easy to recognize :)

and now .. *I can't stop shaking ... :naughty:*

8. Personally I would model something as wide as the Home/UserCP" etc Bar window if you know what I mean. Right now it kind of offsets the look

9. Lykke TheNun

Hmm actually it used to be just as wide - dunno what happend :headscratch:

alright .. back to the drawing board, I guess *insert :tele: icon here*

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The main issue (as far as I can see) here is that people use different resolutions. I.e. it is nearly impossible to fit an image on there, without compromising in some way (usually done by adding some form of side-graphic that extends as wide as it needs).

Just out of curiosity, do you experience the same thing at EF? If not, could you show a pic of both scenarios? It might help us figure out what's going wrong here.

11. Justin Thyme

Justin Thyme Someone With Opinions

I want a Title!!!!!!!!! HAHA

12. Lykke TheNun

HAHAH Justin ... :nana: I'll think about it, since you ARE contributing ;)

Anyway ... Should have fixed the banner now so it looks better!

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

"Lord of The AiRINGS" Justin Thyme???? :D

14. On ER and EF the banner is within the same frames as the forum itself as in 1 continous box making it look better. I didnt mean that your banner should be as wide only but also I think it would look better if it was the same height n width as the main "bar" of the forum , the Home/User,Wiki" etc bar.

I always use 1920x 1080 as resolution if it helps

15. Lykke TheNun

I agree that the box'es should be the same width as the main bar :) That should be fixed now. I do not agree with the height though, especially not with the picture I chose. This will be one of our ways to stand out from the rest of the forums ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.