Oopsies and goodbyes

Discussion in 'Entropia Community' started by Bizarrick, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Bizarrick

Bizarrick Otherwise Engaged

Hey!

I know I just up and disappeared for a freakishly long time.
    I had quite a few projects and many aspirations here in EU and EP.
    Well, RL life happened. I don't need to explain any further.

Currently, I'm overwhelmed with many things to do this side of the screen.
    Don't worry, I'm doing well and getting better at life. I'm really getting in shape now (a fact that my new boyfriend seems to appreciate), I'm getting some sweet game programming skills and I'm about to endeavor in 3D modeling next semester.

It appears that EU has now officially admitted (through survey results) that their game really lacks here and there. I don't think the game will return to its former social and media glory this year nor the next. So, I'm eagerly awaiting for this new sci-fi MMO that might better suit my gaming needs without stripping me from the little money I have (I'm a college student, so my deficit increases each passing semester).

I really tried, Lootius knows I did. I engaged in many different forms of art and media in EU. At some points I was quite influential and esteemed (well, I still am quite esteemed), but I think it's time to move on. I've got a career to build and a portfolio to make; and EU, while dear to my heart, demands too many resources from its artists to be a viable medium. Either you give up your life or your credit card. I'm no longer willing to surrender either to such a selfish platform.

Just like my personal hero, MS9, I just grew tired and, just like her, I'd be willing to reconsider my participation in EU under extreme circumstances - which, being perfectly frank, I highly doubt will come my way. I'll still drop by every few months to see how EU is doing.

In the end, I remain a gamer, an aspiring game artist and a strong willed human being who speaks too many languages. If anyone wishes to remain in contact, by all means e-mail me to: epicfail404@null.net

Deepest regards and bestest of wishes.
    -Bartimaeus "Bizarrick" Brandenburg
    -Diego

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Hello my dear Bizz ... I can perfectly understand your thoughts and perspectives, and while I am limited in how I can respond to such now, I will first say thank you for your special friendship, which I'm sure will continue beyond this moment. We have shared much that has not seen the likes of post print, but retains much value in the grander scheme of things.

There comes a time in life . period . (virtual or otherwise) when it's important to re-evaluate priorities, and then make the best decisions for ourselves possible, despite what anyone other than our own critical thinking has to say about it. It's often easier to put into words than into practice, but baby steps helps us eventually get there.

I have every confidence in you that you will continue to travel your path in the direction that is most beneficial for you, and that you will accomplish all those things that have been mentioned over time.

Congratulations on your new boyfriend Hon, but be sure that the critical things that you're doing, you are doing for yourself, and not because someone else might like you better. Let the relationship be motivating and inspiring, but the end result has to be because you deserve it and you did it for yourself - not in a selfish way, but because you're humbly worth it.

Let's stay in touch - I'd like to know how you're doing periodically because I care, and because special friendships are meaningful to me. I think you know how to contact me, but if you need info, just PM me here.

:hug:and take care of yourself.

EDIT:

As far as the media stuff is concerned - check out the totally new MSR site (click on the link in my signature), and check back now and then, because we are about to kick it up a notch or two - we're going through a media server conversion this week and we'll have added features coming soon. :biggrin:

3. Bizarrick

Bizarrick Otherwise Engaged

It's always a great pleasure hearing from you my dear friend. Yes, there comes a time in life, several times in fact, when one must really re-evaluate oneself, decide what is to be done and plunge forward into life itself. I believe that actually taking action is the right thing to do. I've been sitting on my ass for far too long.

About the critical things... getting into a relationship is part of the scheme, not the source of it. :biggrin: I've already gone through that experience (changing for the sake of others) and, while it left me many valuable lessons and new skills, I'm no longer interested in such an activity.

About the relationship... having a fulfilling and integral relationship was the main goal all along. Hell, we're already planning on doing one of these together as a first step towards something bigger and flashier! I believe that's a good sign: building something that transcends both. We have very strong and often irreconcilable differences (he likes sunny weather :confused1:) which makes up an often interesting and dynamic relationship.

THIS time, I'll be sure to stay in touch. Now that I've finished moving to another state (yup, RL happened), I've got no excuse. X-D I'll keep following all developments REALLY closely, 'cuz it's difficult to get bored with you around. ;-)

Thanks for being such a special friend. :hug:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.