online gaming

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by jaw-production, Sep 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Hey everybody

With al the games nowadays I was just wondering do you guys play other games. I know that there are lots of first person shooters and other online games. But I am not that much of a gamer. I only buy the game if I like them or hear from others they are entertaining.

So maby you can give some gametips.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Esquire

I also play LineAge 2. Along with DraicKin we have created and configured a private server for this game and currently it is on a LAN state. Hopefully it will make it to the Net. I don't play on the official game, because it requires a fee but I can enjoy my administrator status in my private one ;)

PS. In mid 2008, NCSoft will make another MMORPG available which far surpasses LineAge 2 and it is called AION (Website: http://eu.aiononline.com/en) I might consider actually playing on the official server on this one ;) It's funny but the game uses the old Crytek Engine, the same as the one Far Cry uses. Luckily EU will use the new version CryENGINE 2 :D

PS.2. As you can see I'm an RPG fan :rotfl:

• Like Like x 3
  3. I'm a big fan of valve software - the half life series are a fantastic FPS shoot-em-up with great storyline and spectacular graphical effect.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I never heard of this game but the graphics are super. It looks really smooth and the caracters and landscapes are amazing. I love the fact that it isn't a turnbased game 'cause those games will bore me pretty quickly.
    Im not that fond of magicians but as far as I see is it a career you choose. Just like Entropia.

I think Lineage2 and AION are good games for RGP players. Im not that RPG fan but mabe in the near future it will change.

Thanx Phoenix. :yahoo:

Perhaps you will see me ingame and ofcourse when that time comes I will let you know.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Have you ever done heard of this game but the graphics are super?Are you sure
    smooth and the caracters and landscapes are amazing is?You love the fact that it is not a turnbased game 'cause those games will bore him or her pretty quickly. What do you like about the fact that it is not a turnbased game 'cause those games will bore him or her pretty quickly so much?
    I am surprised to hear that you are not fond of magicians but as far as he or she see is it a career you choose.
    In many ways, yes. In other ways, no.Why? Are all Lineage2 and AION good games for RGP players?I am glad to hear that you are not RPG fan but mabe in the near future it will change.
    Don't mention it.

I am very pleased to meet you

Phoenix
    .A lot of my traffic comes from Yahoo.

6. BURGERMAN!!!!
    Your robot is broken again!!!!
    Im sorry if I'm the one who broke it.:(

7. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

:rotfl: It certainly isn't my robot. If TalkerBot were mine she would have been turned into scrap metal a loooong time ago.

But her intrusion into this thread gives me yet another chance to -rep her. :hehe:

• Like Like x 6
  8. Oops Phunksta.
    Due to posting @ the same time I overlooked your reaction.
    Ive played Half Life about six years ago (could be a year + or-) I loved the story that was in it. Only I found myself getting scared and feel the adrenalin pumping around. Normaly I have no problem with that. The only game I stopped playing was Project Zero II for PS2. And that was because it was too damn scary for me. The setting was absolutely perfect for me.

Thanx for that great tip Phunksta!
    I think its time to get Half Life back on my PC. I even might get quicker on the controles ;)

9. Shamy

Shamy Dr. Nick of Dark Lands

I've played GunZ. It's entertaining, but downloading it takes too much time and is pretty frustrating. In the other hand it has great music and u can do those fancy matrix jumps and run around the walls, like in some Jet Li wannabe movies.

Also there is Anarchy Online (the basic versio) which is free now days. I haven't played it further than practise Island. It has it hooks, but it isn't really my type of game... It just don't match up with good ol' EU.

Call of Duty and it's expansion United Offensive. Now there's a game that I like, especially with a friend or many. Only problems are those no-life "hardcore" players who shout and curse and call everybody a n00b and it seems that they just can't cope losing.
    (Now where I have heard place like that? Oh yeah! Just like Port Atlantis :D )

But what is way worse than in PA is laging that makes game more like slide picture show. (Cure in this is get faster Internet thiggie ;) )

Single player is just AWESOME, but since this is about Online Gaming, I just leave it be.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

I haven't heard anything like that before:
    said PLAYED GunZ.
    Really.
    entertaining but downloading it takes too much time and is pretty frustrating is?That was a long time ago.There sure is.Me either.Has it really?What does "it" refer to? Are they exactly the same?
    Why now? Tell me more about it.
    What about the other ones?Why now?
    In the Universe we know. Dude!In many ways, yes. In other ways, no.I think Cure in this is a lot of things.

11. Shamy

Shamy Dr. Nick of Dark Lands

Bot...
    What in the devil are u talking?
    Here's an idea 4 u! How about jumping of the cliff?

• Like Like x 4
  12. These 1337 kiddies and the blatant cheats that go with them are the reason I stopped playing counter strike - source. Great game but couldn't stand the inane banter and stupid comments.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Today I tried Halo Custom Edition.
    the gameplay isn't very hard so inmediatly you are shooting like a pro and missing 75% of the time. But hell who cares. The ammo is free so no worries there. After a couple of hours playing I got bored of killing and shooting with no perpose. So I started to find other things to do. After King of the hill (my speciality) and Capture the flag the game was dull.

A other game I started to play was HalfLife. I didn't tried it online yet, but the single player mode is really fun to play. I think I can keep myself entertained for a couple of hours :p

The Final fantasy type games aren't realy my thing. I love the animations and the story, but te repeating battles with the strategic attacks/defences is getting boring in my head really quick.

Second Life isn't even a game as far as I've seen in the sort time I played that. It's more an expensive 3D chatbox with a sims-ish build theme in it. Super dull and more for kiddies and housewives (kids and housewives please don't feel offended) than for a guy like me.

Yes I think you know it by now. Im really hard to entertain. As far as I tried the best game for me is still Entropia. There are a lot of things to do and a lot of great people to talk with. It is a social game with a killer instinct.

• Like Like x 3
  14. i have played call of duty and united offensive add on since they were launched and they are good, i agree with shamy regarding all the "tossers" that ruin it tho!!!!!

entropia of course.

and at the end of october the wait is finally over,,,, yes the new pes game is finally launched for the ps3 its been like waiting for xmas to come bring it on

• Like Like x 2
  15. WOW those visuals are superb.
    I'm not suprised that you will be missing a week or so, but with the update from EU it will be harder to choose :P
    Im sadly not that quick in reacting in firstperson shooters. Most of the time I will be bait. I hope someone can give me a tip how to be quicker because I think I wanna try HL2.

16. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

I'm glad you're impressed. All of them?I am surprised to hear that you are not suprised that you will be missing a week or so but with the update from EU it will be harder to choose PIm sadly not that quick in reacting in firstperson shooters.
    But not all of them?Why do you hope for someone can give him or her a tip how to be quicker because he or she think he or she want to try HL2

17. LOL. I gave robodummy some bad rep and got a message

Thanks for adding Reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to reseive the same Reputation back in turn.

Sooooooo...... will I be so lucky too get -Rep from SpammyBot?
    I double dare you RoboSnot

• Like Like x 6
  18. Grrr...

HL2 Episode 2 has to be bought as part of 'The Orange Box' which also contains HL2, The lost coast, Episode One and some other things.

But, they say that if you already had these games (which I did) then you can give away the extra copies as 'gifts'.

If anyone is interested in these gifts I'm happy to exchange them for a small token in EU - nothing large because the discounted pre-release pricing means that these 'extras' are almost but not quite free.

19. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Hmm.Where did HL2 Episode 2 get to be bought as part of 'The Orange Box' which also contains HL2 The lost coast Episode One and some other things?Huh.
    I think I do.That is a hypothetical question.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.