OMG OMG OMG PODRACER GOT RE-RELEASED ON GOG!!!! :DDDD

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by Wistrel, May 5, 2018.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I've not been able to play it since I had Windows 98se!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I hope I can hook up two sticks like the old arcade version (fingers crossed)

Needs a big flashing BOOST button to slam too! :DDDD

3. I bought the game back in the days...and regreted it after the 1st race ^^

I have never played it again since then...and was mor eof a Wip3out fan...

And I DO LOVE the new X-Wing aracade machines...jesus fucking christ... :'D

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. I was excited to see this too. Although I doubt I'll purchase it again. I have the game in my closet.

I was just thinking it would be cool to play e1 racer in VR...two throttles for controls and a motion platform<that's my dream

I'll have to look up the new x-wing arcade machines...I haven't seen those yet

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Same... ah shame Mr McC didn't like it. I've been playing for a few hours now - forgotten how good it is with joystick. Alas it seems to have a minor control bug in that I can't remove a pre-set axis without adding a new one. I also can't seem to get it to remember the buttonfor roll right. No biggie.

Alas also joystick control doesn't seem to have an option for 1 stick per engine like the arcade. It is a shame this thing can't be modified.

Hmmm... now that gives me an idea... maybe it could be modified after all...

I wondered about VR too... not sure what version of DX this is using given the age. Alas I gave up on the oculus driver switcher anyhow (which I'd need to get old versions of vireo working - and I think they only support dx9 anyhow)

edit: sounds like dual stick control was an option for the n64 version - doesn't seem to be a thing for the PC though

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.