Number of active players revealed

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Tass, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

Well, not really revealed but some speculation/calculation:

- Receipts from customers ("Inbetalningar från kunder") in 2009: 68.862.225 SEK (source: MA annual reports 2009)
    Note: 1. It's uncertain wether the number includes withdrawals​
    2. It's uncertain wether the number includes fees from Planet Partners​
    I consider the best case: incl. withdrawals, excl. fees from PPs​

-> Deposits per months in 2009: ~ 820.000 USD
    Note: Considering a exchange rate of 7 SEK for 1 USD in Nov/Dec 2009 (source: http://www.x-rates.com/d/SEK/USD/hist2009.html)​
    Next you'll see why taking that period of time for the exchange rate​

-> Average depositing players per month: ~ 35650
    Note: "The average revenue is roughly $23 per month and player today." - Marco|FPC as of 29 Dec 2009​

Now you could consider 36650 the number of active players each month but also consider further:
    1. Given the old gospel 'the average player pays 1 USD per hour of play'​
    2. given Marco's 23 USD per player per month​
    3. you could come to the conclusion the average player plays 23 hours per month​
    4. and with an average month having ~31 chunks of 23 hours to​

-> Number of players online at any given time: 1150
    Which would also mean ~0.1% of the registered accounts are online at any given time.​

Ok, that's it. Please don't take this for fact, just food for thought to draw your own conclusions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

It doesn't say 'unique' anywere? Which means that the total number of depositing players doesn't mean '35650' single players, but one player could have deposited 30 times alone in that one month ... ?

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

There might be some twisted logic in my speculation but the original 68.862.225 SEK are an accumulated sum and Macro's 23 $ are per player not per deposit. Of course after all everything is average, average, average...

4. Amber Knightley

Amber Knightley I see dead people.

The wording "Inbetalningar från kunder" means payments from customers. I highly doubt that includes withdrawals, because with how it is labelled it wouldn't make sense. It could include fees from withdrawals and decay, but now I'm just making myself confused :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.