NOTM - Diary Febuary 2009

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by cantbe, Jan 16, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To all NOTM entrants for Febuary 2009 - please post your acheivements, stories etc. in this thread.

The Diary is scored by three Judges and the average mark taken

All other posts will be moved and you may have points deducted, if you are not in the competition and wish to reply to an entrant's diary messages, please start a new thread.

Gratz and rep are fine

Proof of your achievements ie pictures or confirmation from a mentor etc will earn extra points ;)

• Like Like x 10
  2. Hi all! =)
    I thought I should do my best to track my progress for NOTM and since I am aiming to become a hybrid miner/hunter I intended on keeping track of all X+ claims, and big loots hehe =P
    One problem though, I have had so many X/XI/XII claims with no global it would take forever to upload >.<
    However, yesterday my whole world changed...
    As you can see in the images, last night had a few surprises for me;
    It all started at swamp camp, I was hunting trying to skill my laser rifle and BLP pistol, when I hit a 40ped combibo! (however I forgot to screenshot the loot window >.< )
    This piece of luck got me thinking that perhaps I should move onto mining or trading for a little while so as not to tempt fate and spend all my peds... however I continued to hunt berycled, to no avail.
    With 4ped in my card, and 9ped left in loots, I decided to go TP running (I will post the screenshots of my TP lists from when I was invited, to now - later) with 13 bombs... 13 bombs turned into 30'ish bombs with a couple IX claims, and so I decided to do a few more runs... Fort Zeus to NSB was where it all began! NE of Zeus, I got a funny signal... :confused: 200m away... I had read about what this meant, and the adrenalin was pulsing through me - there it was, shiny, tall, daunting... MY FIRST SPACECRAFT! I didn't hesitate, I circled the ship until I could target the button from afar, making sure I didn't agitate the 2 bots guarding it, and with 2x Berycled providers chasing me, I charged for it - DODO DO DO.. DO DOOOOOOOOO! - I had officially claimed my first global AND my first spacecraft, what a rush!
    Thanks to some advice from some friends a long the way, I sold the residues to standing orders on the auction house, and with my 60 odd bombs, I decided to continue running... East Scylla!
    I headed east from East Scylla, this time careful to measure approximate distances between my bombs... noone could have guessed! A mere 30 minutes after my first global/spacecraft, I HIT MY SECOND! "Oh blessed lootius!" I thought to myself, as I answered the messages of gratz from my friendslist, many of whom were saying to stop and take my winnings there... NO! I couldn't, and with the advice of one relatively 'uber' player who I've befriended, I pushed my luck... This time, Nymphtown... running 50bombs N/NE/E I collected a few IX/X but barely broke even when another Berycled Provider killed me as I pulled the last of a X lyst on the east side of Nymph lake. This time, I decided to run the remaining bombs I had, and leave it at that... WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED WHAT WAS ABOUT TO HAPPEN!?
    I believe the picture speaks for itself =D HOF BABY~

I am well on my way now to securing my place in Entropia, have made many friends and am thankful for this opportunity also... special side note to "MAN OF HONOUR" from HU society, for guarding me from the HUGE Argonauts who were harassing poor lil me as I was pulling aaaaaaallllll that lyst from that HOF, without his help it would have sat there untouched until it expired.

I am now around lvl6-7 prospecting/mining and around lvl 7 in both laser rifle and blp pistoleer... and I am intent on being the NEWBIE OF THE MONTH! hehehe =P

*check back for more Babyback updates*

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 13
  3. And so it continues hehe =P
    The last 24 hours have allowed me a lot of skilling and I am now up to m3a and nearly max'd out my Svempa S40 (I broke my last one, so will need to buy a new one off of my new weapons manufacturing friend =D). As I forgot to screenshot my last big loot (around 40-45ped combibo) I didn't forget this time!
    As I was mining near Camp Caravan I was harassed by a nasty Cornundacauda and as I wasn't in the mood to put up with such behaviour, I turned my m1a I had at the time on it, and POW my second nice loot! =D

I spent a whole lot of ammo and peds breaking two m1a's and as I said, I have now moved up to m3a (no point going m2a as the SIB was over already for hit) and have since broken one. Running low on PED's I resold some Gremlin Arm Guards (F) that I had invested in for future use, and decided to try my hand at another mining run. Choosing an area I don't often frequent, I started my journey south... a string of III/IV/V claims and the run was looking like another small loss =( As I approached what my radar/map showed me was another settlement with a TP, I decided to drop my last bomb (usually being this close to a TP/settlement I wouldn't have dropped)... low and behold MY 4TH GLOBAL! =D~

I believe this is the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship, thankyou EU, I think I'm falling in love hehe =P

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  4. Good luck to all of our entrants this month!
    I'm looking forward to reading your 'exploits' LOL

• Like Like x 7
  5. BabyBack seams to be haveing some luck but what about the rest of you? please do tell about your in-game, and leveling up adentures =-)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Since noone else wants to... hehe

I've been logged in a bit less lately, with the VU's and issues with depositing etc, so progress hasn't been as fast this last week.
    Although mining hasn't been as good to me as it previously was (no globals/hofs :( ) I have been getting a few X+ so I thought I'd post them up hehe just to make myself feel a bit better :D

Today however, I joined a new soc after being invited by my weapons crafter, so now I am happy to say I am a member of "Entropian Army Cadets"!
    During a spate of relatively poor mining run of approx 150 bombs and 120 probes (give or take) which brought in at best an XI lyst, I ran into a slightly larger Bery gathering than usually expected NW of Billy's, where I met a lovely li'l chicken that decided to give me some nice armor pieces (kobold/shogun - see screenshot)!.
    While my weapons crafter and I were talking about weapon SIB's and armor sets she passed on the invite to the soc which I gladly accepted and she also sold me another Svempa S40 which although the SIB has passed, I wanted so I could go kobold harness hunting on snarksnots (no need for overkill hehe). While talking about the coming trade, she also mentioned the recent looting of two T-Rap (L) BLP amps from her Molisk hunt and being the entropedia addict that I am, I knew one would be a perfect fit for my shiny new S40. Lucky for me she was willing to part with it for TT price!!
    So off I went.. a few hours and many many snarks passed with only oils, extractors, paints and other common drops, but no elusive Kobold Harness (I had previously looted one, but ofcourse MA saw fit to issue me with an (M) harness... a lot of use that is hehe). So I decided to switch to Bery's for a while and headed to NW Billy's again.
    Long story short (a picture paints a thousand words hehe)... I GOT MY FIRST HUNTING SWIRLIES!! :ok:

I'm looking forward to the outcome of this competition regardless of how I do and I'd love to hear more from the other participants so I can see how you're all getting on, I hope you're having as much fun as me!

Well I've gotta head out and try sell my massive amounts of wools, oils and random armor pieces now, so best of luck to all and enjoy the screenshots ;)

Babyback.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    • Like Like x 10
  7. Back again! 8)

The last 2 days have been a lot of fun!
    I've grown a lot as a hunter that's for certain. From hunting cornundacauda, cornundos, berycled, snarks etc... to now being capable of taking on Molisks, Drones, Atrax AND (although I had no idea I was capable of killing them...) Longu!

My very first Longu
    - all by myself in my rainbow mix of pixie, kobold and shogun, with my Riker UL1 (L) and Emik s50 (L) with Bull Tac 25 (L) BLP amp - produced a nice swirlie that (without sounding too ungrateful I hope hehe) was well overdue! (just don't tell MA I said that :-$)

I also met a very nice young gentleman with an awesome hat and an almost overly generous streak ;) who also frequents these boards. Chela Cee Bias I have to once again say thankyou for your generosity, I promise to pay it forward!

Also, I just recently unlocked Marksmanship! :cool:

I'm off to once again try and sell a whole lot of wool and oil, so good luck to all! The end of NOTM is near and it's going to be very interesting to see the results! (I wonder how much I've grown :confused:)

Babyback.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
    • Like Like x 11
  8. Hmm I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only competitor :confused:
    On another note, I've nearly gathered all TP's on both continents but have Akmuul still to go. Tonight at some stage I will make my way down there hopefully safe and sound and once I have it, I will post up the before and after screenshots to show what I didn't, but now do, have! :D

• Like Like x 10
  9. Finally got around to running to Akmuul, as the chickens weren't feeding me an s50, so I thought I'd take a break considering I've been camping PA and Billy's chickens for 2 days now looking for one hehe..
    So here's the before shot of my maps/tps...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  10. And here's the after
    :hooray:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  11. Well, as the competition comes to a close, I have atleast this post to leave another mark (tarnish? hehe) on EUC and the NOTM competition...

After 2 days hunting Bery/Atrax/Longu and anything else that gets in my way between spawns, I had nothing much to show for it with the exception of a chicken that looted me an M and F Shogun Thigh as well as an A&P Series Brave.. the total value of which was around 46ped, however, I forgot to save the screenshot and saved over it with the screenshot I'm posting, instead.

As I was saying, there wasn't a whole lot of joy found in the last 2 days hunting, so I decided to go for a mining run, sweeping aside anything that got in the way. Now I don't usually mine these areas, I simply happened to be running through after an Atrax/Longu/Faucervix hunt and decided "why not?" as I'd been losing PEDs everywhere else, so figured "why not here too!?" ehehe.
    As I was running I had a very poor return of around 5 claims (around 12ped tt) in 30 bombs and as I came to a hill I noticed a relatively large spawn of Snarksnots. I decided to let loose and drop as many of them as I could, as fast as possible, given that there as also an armax cow mature there that I wanted to see if I could take down. By the time I had dropped (and mostly no-looted) around 20 of the snarks, I couldn't for the life of me locate the armax I had my eye on :confused: ... SO, I decided to stop dropping bombs atleast until I reached the outpost North of me and began to make my journey. One stubborn Snark gave chase, hell bent on hurting li'l old me, so with s60 in hand, I quickly pumped as much ammo as physically possible in his general direction, and, he thanked me with this...! *holds up screenshot for all to see*

I'm looking forward to the results of NOTM, it's certainly been a journey of ups and downs for me and I'm glad I had this opportunity, as without it I don't think I would have had as much drive to skill (especially in hunting).
    I really hope to see some novel's appear in this diary before the competition is over but in the meantime, SEE YOU ON THE KILLINGFIELDS! ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  12. You guys MUST be getting annoyed with my constant posts, but I couldn't resist! :D

Lootius shines upon me, YAY!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  13. Never Anoyed wish there were more post's =-)
    Good Work Babyback keep it up =-)

• Like Like x 5
  14. Thanks Noyce! :D
    Well since you don't mind... hehe~ To make a long story short, I woke up, decided after last night swirlies to finish the ammo I had remaining on some Argo's before going on a (unsuccessful) Feffoid hunt with my soc leader. I think it was the other rich Argo's friend, cause he had the same stuff in his pocket! hehehe
    :eek:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  15. And to top off a great day, I had some visitors who left their glovebox open! :rolleyes:

:yahoo:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  16. I'm taking a wild, random, guess here...
    But I think you just might be the winner this month.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Well I'm not sure if we're still to post in this thread as I've been scanned by Noyce already, but I can't resist sharing...
    Myself and my socmate Mulsk decided to tag up against some argo's and bots that near Twin. Many many Argo's fell before we came across an extremely dense spawn of Argo's and bots. Mulsk and I charged in blasting any and everything in sight, it was crazy fun! Eventually one Argo was nice enough to drop a toy too!
    :yahoo:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  18. What??? we're supposed to be writing in a diary??

I haven't taken screenshots of any of my "achievements" in the last month, but I wasn't aware that I was supposed to be doing that to supplement my competitive edge :confused: But I think the scans that Noyce took should well speak for themselves ;) I've been nonstop busy the past month. I made sure to try out every aspect of the game, from hunting to mining and all in between (except crafting, but one day =/). I joined a society (go Temporal Destinies!) that has helped me along the way. Just a few days ago, we did my first beacon mission, and it was one of the coolest things since sliced bread! Every teammate was assigned a specific floor on the craft, and when our leader killed its boss, we looted every last box on the spacecraft. And we made off with a LOT of stuff! I experienced my first globals one day while out hunting.... Me and two other TD-mates managed to get 3 globals in just a few minutes, giving us each a 55PED+ rifle to sell! Last Saturday night I signed in to EU, to find that I had just missed a 20 global fanfare in the guild.... apparently the fish were really biting and I missed the party:tumbleweed: lol but even more reason to help me out with a fresh set of gear, armor, and ammo, HUH? HUH??! yeah!! thanx for the consideration, guys. And check out those scans and I think you'll see that I've been busy. Good luck to everyone else (especially you, Monet. Jesus Christ lol).

GL everyone
    Jackson Ace Spade 8)
    Rifleman
    Temporal Destinies

• Like Like x 10
  19. Well since this is still open *Babyback walks in clutching diary of warstories*...:Beaten:

I went out mining again. This wouldn't be out of the ordinary, except I now have my hands on an OF105 again :yahoo:
    Although I didn't yield any swirlies I did get a nice little profit on 100bombs, and got oh so close to that swirling golden goodness as you can see in the screenshot. Unfortunately mining doesn't allow much to work with when telling a story lol ... there was a lot of beeping and a lot of breath holding hehe...

After a lot of running around (did I mention I have TP chip now?! woooooohooooo!) leaving holes all over the place, I decided to revisit my chicken farm at swamp.
    Boy did they miss me or what!?
    {bow}

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  20. I LOVE ENTROPIA! :)

I think this will be my last post... FOR TODAY hehehe~
    After getting that Bery global sooo many people started flooding swamp and taking them all that I just had to leave. So I decided to buy a new s60 (well, partially used hehe) as well as another T10 fap and head to Argo country, Twin.
    With 50ped ammo I charged in carving all Argo's on all sides.. many had empty pockets, one dropped me knight thigh (F) and then THIS...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.