Entropia Support News: Notice Regarding Keyboard LCD Screens Crashing Client

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Due to an issue with keyboard LCD displays causing clients to crash, Entropia Universe should be disabled from the LCD displays to allow the client to start. Thank you for your patience.

Source

• Hussked Hussked x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I have a feeling the patience will need to be infinite... bye bye "LCD Keyboard Functionality", you were a fun and interesting potential project to play with for a while. I fear MA will send you to the same place they put "being able to drop items in the world" and "being able to move your avatar in any sane manner"

Wistrel

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Re. reading this... it's actually kinda telling. Nothing MA changed, (supposedly) or at least they didn't disable the keyboard functionality themselves. They simply ask people to disable it from the keyboard software for the Entropia "applet" (I expect/vaguely recall this was an option).

Possibly this means there was a change to the LCD software/driver or MA made a mistake and it was actually something in their own code that got broken. I wonder.

I suppose there is always the chance too that MA fixed the issue, although this is extremely unlikely I grant you. Can't imagine it would have ranked higher than fixing Cyrene sounds... and we know how "high" that is on the priority list.

Wistrel

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. San

San

Oh, thank you for the reminder, had totally forgotten about it. I'll ask My if she can find out if this is still an issue and if there are any plans to still work on it.

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I'll try the old driver I had some time and let you know if it still works with the emulator.

6. Abused Worker : Mr. Simmonds, Mr. Simmonds, the LCD screen...

Mr. Simmonds : Just tell them to disable it, its not our fookin problem. Btw. youre fired, as you chat with girls !

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

LOL! (I can imagine this actually, probably what happened to putting things on the floor too)

Well... I did discover that logictech do still support all these gaming hardware and there is a current API for it (it just wasn't entirely obvious which one it was on their developer site). I downloaded and had a quick nosey around. Indeed there is a new API (possibly even more so than the last time I looked) for C++ and even a wrapper for it for folks to use with languages like C#. Ultimately it looks like it all still connects back to one dll via its mysterious GetInterface function. Both old and new stuff link back to that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.