Not leaving the Universe, but ...

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by MindStar9, Jan 7, 2011.

1. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I wanted to let the community know that I am stepping down as the Media Manager for the EP Media Center as a result of real life writing opportunities and projects that will require much more of my time and focus, and something I'm rather excited about. Writing on staff at EP has taken up a great deal of my time, and while I have loved every minute of it, I am not able to devote time and effort as before.

I want to thank Lykke and Peter not only for the opportunity, but for their dedication toward making EP a wonderful environment for the community, and the EP staff who have made it a pleasant experience as well. I also appreciate the support the community has given over time, whether it be in posts, in-game, or PM's, it has meant a lot.

I have not been active in EU for a long time, other than what I needed for the writing (and exploring with vehicles of course), as well as checking in on friends, which is something I will continue to do (checking in on friends that is). As soon as Arkadia is online, I will be moving MS9 there and engaging in some exploration.

I wish everyone well, and just wanted to also say that aside from this thread, I have not posted at any of the forums since the first of the year, and won't. My public role has ended, so I will say my thank you now for your support over the years, and maybe I'll see some of you on Arkadia when the A-Team finally gives birth to it. I have a feeling that this will be the planet to watch, and the one to learn from.

I hope you all have an exciting 2011.

2. Thorn

Thorn Proud CND Baby

Wishing you all the best MS9! There comes a time when further self development trumps beating a dead horse for someone else. You`ve certainly done alot over the years. Your contributions will surely be missed. But I know how you must feel. You can only try to help so much. But if the patient (MA) does`nt cooperate then there is not much you can do. Cheers to an amazing year ahead wherever it finds you!

3. Sorry to hear about your decision, but more than happy for the reason. You do have writing talent, and i wish you the best in RL

4. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Whatever they are paying you i'll pay you double to be my "personal secretary". The duties will be ahmmm well i can't mention them in public here :vampire::wink:

Seriously though good luck with your new projects. Wishing you all the best :yay:

5. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Dear MindStar,

We are, as you know, very sorry to see you leave the Media Team, and that we have to say goodbye to your written contributions to the Universe.

You have given a LOT of yourself - worked with your Brain, Heart and may I say Blood ;) to explore, investigate (even uncover ;) ) on the behalf of the Entropian Community for YEARS!

For sure your work has always been kept on a professionel level, and everything I've read has always been with wisdom and a good potion of evidence to back up stories etc., and it's always been a pleasure to see with which entusiasm and meticulousness you have set to work with both interviews, articles and other interesting subjects, which crossed your way - or which you grabbed in the air around.

We cannot thank you enough for the work you have been doing, and the support you have been and still are giving us - both to me and Peter, but also to the rest of EntropiaPlanets crew and members.

I am sure your real life projects for the future, which sounds very exciting :), will be everything you hoped for and I wish you the very best with everything.

Of course we will still be hooked up - nothing can stop us :hug: - and I look forward to many hours of chatting, laughing and ideas-ping-ponging - not to mention Universe-discussing - with you in future - perhaps not in this Universe, but definitely outside it.

BVGF forever ^^

Lykke

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Thank you for your time, dedication and hard work, MindStar :) I hope you will find a lot of joy and inspiration in your new projects, and will nag you for exploration teamhunts as soon as Arkadia goes live :D

7. Thank you for your many years of service to our community not only here on EP but on EF as well. Good luck with your new endeavors and I will be sure to say hi when you log in to EU.

8. Best of luck with your future plans. We will miss you.

9. Glad to hear of your new opportunity, sad to hear you're taking a break from this...hoping you'll still visit on vacations:)
    Best of luck!

10. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

See you on arkadia soon :)

11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

bye bye! See you at Arkadia ;)

I think the universe is dieing slowly.

12. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

Sadly the Universe will be a bit more empty without you around MS9. I'm going to miss reading your articles, i was always looking forward to eventually seeing the SFE boys in a Who's Who :(

What you do have in store certainly sounds exciting and so myself and the rest of the SFE blokes wish you all the best for the future.

I hope none of the recent nastiness has contributed to your leaving so soon.

Will stay in touch via Skype.

All the best and see you on Arkadia ;)

13. Lavawalker

Lavawalker RETIRED

Wishing you all the best MS9,
    Take care of yourself you hear ;)

14. I have been out of the "EU loop" for a while due to RL and PC issues so I at least know how RL can interfere with EU.

MS9 has been a pillar of the EU community for such a long time that I cannot imagine an EU without her. She has providing the community with years of great reports, entertaining stories, videos and her own very personal and in depth view on the Entropia Universe.

She has also been a great soc mate and friend to me.

I wish her all the best for 2011 and much success with whatever real life projects$ she embarks upon.

I guess I have to visit Arkadia now ;)

Hugs,
    Jack

15. yeah but Arkadia might change that and also MS9s absence so no need to worry yet. :D

16. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Southern Fortress Engineering

What he said, MS9. You will surely be missed around here. A lot of people value your opinion greatly. Where will they look now?

Anyway, catch you round when Arkadia launches!

17. Greetings MS9,

Naturally, I wish you all the best!

Additionally, I must proclaim and profess that your purple perspicacity was, and verily is, a mere penumbra of your personal pulchritude.

With the warmest of regards,

Szilard Skeezer Aszkenaze

;-)

18. MS9 all the best in your new ventures ;) RL should always come first to this virtual world... ;)

That said, I am not worried at all.... it's that feature of stars that you see them and then they are gone and you have to wait until their trajectory crosses ours again... and so I am very comfortable I will see you again MS9 ;) Very soon !!!

19. Thanks for all the work you done here and good luck with RL project:)

20. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

Thank you for your kind words, I thought it only appropriate to acknowledge them, even though I am sending everyone a personal note - I just haven't gotten around to catching everyone as yet. I'm still around and will be in and out of the universe for various reasons (especially to connect with certain people), but will not be publicly posting as before. I am still lending some support to the E-Team behind the scenes, but this will be limited (didn't want to abandon them altogether), and I won't be doing any writing. I can tell you that real life now involves full-time writing and no more teaching, so you know this is huge. I will check in now and then, but that too will be quite limited.

Thank You!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.