Next Island Media Launch Event

Discussion in 'Next Island News & Information' started by Manny, Jan 25, 2011.

1. From defaultprime.com/ thanks to Meg's tweets :love:

Comments/Thoughts?

2. "Game creator and major financial backer David Post referred to new options for virtual dating for players...."
    Okay here goes. I am 6' tall, medium build, long hair. I do not enjoy sunset walks, that's when the mosqitos are worst. :) :)

3. Virtual Dating could be fun, but only if the virtual bars can serve virtual booze, and the virtual chefs can bring me some virtual sushi. That and have various public events available. DJ machines provided by landowners where players could "spin" tracks for public shows would be awesome, and would serve to integrate online radio into gameplay without radio developers needing to spend an arm and a leg to make it happen.

Then of course we would need other social events, like boat races people could go watch, skiing and other types of low to no cost vacation activities, etc. Second life, though foul in terms of the... uh.... stuff... people can do there really has their finger on social interaction. Its too bad they have a few other fingers... ahh.. nevermind.

Actually now that I think about it, wouldnt it be cool to go into a private conversation "mode" while sitting together at a table, showing only the table inhabitants and close up views of them, with everyone else fading into the background? Imagine Entropia Voice being integrated with mouth movements, emotes, and other garbage. Specialized emotes for things like "Take a bite of food" "Drink a drink" "Smoke a cigarette" or whatever would be awesome. Of course the TRUTH people might be upset at the cigarette smoking thing... but thats politics for you!

4. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

Virtual sunset walks are far superior to virtual booze!

5. True. Virtual Sunsets still have the visual appeal. Virtual Booze, well... until they can make my avatar stumble around and say ridiculous things despite my best intentions, it will be lacking!

6. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Peter and I met in game 5 1/2 year ago or so, and today we're married! If that's not virtual dating with a success, I don't know :) I hope this will lead to many happy couples, though some might only join for the fame. I hope the team came up with ideas to ensure (more) serious daters ^_^

7. Here is a nice sun rise pic for you then :)

View attachment 779

Attached Files:

8. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

:beer: Still waiting for the shipment to arrive.... :palm:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.