Next Island - Facts and Speculations

Discussion in 'Next Island community' started by narfi, Oct 10, 2010.

1. narfi

narfi Lost

Things I know about Next Island:

• There will be time travel.
    • TP fees to get there will be 40ped each way
    • Should be going live sometime in October
    • I would like to see it :P

Things I speculate about Next Island:

• Time travel will be "Instanced" like the beacons on old calypso
    • or - Time Travel will be more like "Continents" on old Calypso
    • There will be new weapons and/or armors

This is just a couple of things I thought of, let me know what you guys are thinking.

Narfi

2. Fox

Fox

The other times will be like own continents. And you will need a time travel decive to reach it. (It seems to look and work like a wormhole chip).

You will need special time travel crystals.

The modern world will be open for all people and equipment used in the Entropia Universe.

In the other periods will be new ressources.

3. I imagine it will be like the continents of old Calypso. Maybe with the same island template, but with different scenery, and different mobs to hunt.

Its also pretty certain that new weapons will be released as well, and armors. Problem is if these weapons can be taken to other planets then Next Island will be limited as to what they can introduce. The economy of other planets could well be hurt as a result of introducing too much...

4. Fox

Fox

Hm, I don't think so. Look at the economy of RT. The B.A.M.F. weapons are sold mainly on Calypso. And there seems to be no real problem with it. And why should there be a problem? It is just a weapon. On what planet you use it, isn't important.

It would be a problem, IF the weapons would be different in the amount of damage. But that, I think, won't happen.

5. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

As far as I know there will be these 'times' the paradisaical islands Tutoro Te and Kupu Wahi, the amazon world 400 BC, the ice age and ancient Greece.

There will be a ipad/ipod game called Next Island Origins that will let you learn about the items and creatures on the planet.

6. Fox

Fox

Hm, you know, that "ancient greece" and "amazone world 400 BC" are exactly the same? :p

7. narfi

narfi Lost

Same time period, different location and slightly different mythology?

What will that mean in Next Island?

narfi

8. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

This makes me want to buy an Ipad!! I already have an Ipod but im a geek... need more technology!!

I can't wait to see what the time zones will have to offer!! I think it will be fascinating to see how correct or what their take on history will be!! :D

9. narfi

narfi Lost

I think the ipod/pad game will be kind of like a choose your own adventure storybook to introduce the storyline behind the planet. Not positive though.

narfi

10. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

hmm I think that would be nice to have a story behind the planet!! :) It gives a purpose to why you are there and new adventures you will take. :D

11. I don`t see any new armor or weapons except maybe 1-2(were none in the latest trailer/photos). I expect this to be another rush job in alpha stage same as Rocktropia. If this copy/paste forum is a good indication of what Next Island is gonna be and I think it is, people should have very low expectations.

I suspect the time travel is just some area where you`d have to pay with crystals or something to get in and where melee only weapons will be allowed. I`d say this is Neverdie`s idea as he likes it "close and personal". It kinda` shows the man with the money takes a hands off approach here and let`s Neverdie manage it down to the smallest details.

With a fresh dev team of amateur coders and just 1-2 seniors, people shouldn`t get their hopes up. The bright side is that with Neverdie`s positive thinking and enthusiasm, this might pick up in 2-3years or so but I strongly doubt it will be a real contender short term. Ofc, I`d love to be proven wrong. :)

12. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

I hope your wrong too!! ;)

13. Well, the time travel portal IS on Neverdie's land. :/

I was hoping it wouldnt be.

so Mikass, here's to hoping you're wrong :P

14. Ehhh?!!??!

No its not, its on mainland next island....

::Edit::

Theres two :P

15. Lee

Lee Forever Noob

For what it's worth, there is a time travel portal on the main land and an identical one on ND's time travellers club area, plus at least one futuristic pyramid structure that looks like another type of portal probably too, on the mainland. More than likely there are more scattered around as well, and they will eventually serve as tps of sorts to 'instances' or 'era' areas, that is the 'time travel'. The main difference to a regular tp being that we have to activate them with certain crystals, so sort of a transport fee lol.

Edit: just speculation on my part, but I have also noticed around several other areas what look a bit to me like the 'base' of what may be more portals in future. For example, on top of the mountain where the ice drakes are, perhaps a portal to the Ice Age? Another similiar one somewhere that was a very 'prehistoric' looking area. Looking forward to MA getting on with the updates due last week so we can at least try out missions and ancient Greece.

16. Well thats good news.

That actually does mean a lot... I was worried that the only portal was on ND's land... which would have meant time travel was a ND experience and that was scaring me :P

Well i'm excited for the time travel :) I hope it doesnt let me down!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.