Next Island Estate Contest

Discussion in 'Next Island News & Information' started by Meg, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

[​IMG]

We're going to be raffling off the deed to this island estate! Here's how to win:

To enter, share a link to NextIsland.com on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr... or bookmark us on Digg, StumbleUpon... show off NextIsland.com on whatever platforms you like best. Heck, send NextIsland.com via carrier pidgeon or smoke signals!

Each link is one entry. You can enter as many times as you'd like, just leave a comment here on NextIslandNews with the link to wherever you've placed NextIsland.com. One link per comment, each comment is an entry. So, if you blog about Next Island, leave a comment here and that's one entry. If you also tweet it, that's another comment and another entry.

On Friday, July 1st, I'm going to pick a random number, and the commenter of that number (assuming the link works) will win this estate deed.

2. Can you post it on Facebook, twitter multiple times and use it as an entry each time? And how are you going to find the link we posted on Facebook a week from now when my wall will be full of posts?

3. red

red

I guess, I'm out. I don't use any of those things. I don't even know what half of them are.

maybe, I can burn the URL into people's front lawns. that should get their attention.

4. LOL, make sure you get a picture :)

Which brings up a point. Meg you mentioned by carrier pigeon and smoke signals? Neither of which will have a link............if you chose to do that. So do only links count? Or could Red set the neighbors lawn on fire with Next Island and have it count?

5. What about a poster(or in my case an 8x11 print off) posted at my local computer store? It actually shouldn't be a problem to get it there for a few weeks. I could take a pic of it in the store and post it here as proof.

6. Oh and here is my FB point

Next Island
    Next Island
    10 seconds ago · Privacy: · Like · · Share

Okay I guess you might have to go to my FB to see it properly

7. Invalid, you need to post it on http://nextislandnews.com/ :)
    Unless your posting on NI forum with the link to NI website and then posting a link to that post on FB, But then you still need to post it on the new website. Are you as confused as I am now? LOL!

8. Meg

Smoke Signals

I was joking about the smoke signals bit, but I'm sort of envisioning a new contest where you write NextIsland.com offline and then take a photo...

(Next Island does not actually endorse carving our URL into your neighbor's tree or spray painting it on a shop or doing other things that will get you arrested!)

9. Meg

10. Its normal for it to have: "Your comment is awaiting moderation" right? :)

11. Then do the hokey pokey, turn yourself about, while standing on your left foot until you're 180deg from your current position and then put your left hand on top of your head, canted to the right and switch to your right foot then lean to the left.

If you understood ANY of this, seek mental health professionals.

12. I didn't understand a damn thing, so I guess I am still sane :nana:

13. But the rest of us would think its creative and worthy of the prize! Unless its our lawns! :)

Oh and can we get a video of you picking the number? :)

14. Meg

Rules clarification:

On Friday, July 1st, I’m going to pick a random number, and follow the link in that comment, and assuming the link works and shows a NextIsland.com link, that commenter will win the estate deed.

If you leave a link here on NIL, and NOT on NextIslandNews.com, you can not win.

If you leave a text-only comment saying you linked NextIsland.com, you can not win.

If your link goes to your main FB or Twitter page, but the NextIsland.com link is no longer visible, you can not win.

If I pick a number, and the link doesn't work/there is no link, I'll pick another number.

GOOD LUCK! You have until Friday!

15. Meg

16. So is the draw today sometime? or is it tomorrow?

17. Meg

227 comments and just a few minutes left!

18. And the winner is......... Hurry up the suspense is killing me :)

19. Oh no winner announced yet , playing in space and forgot all about it. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.