Newsbot becomng spambot?

Discussion in 'SEE' started by AlphaGeek, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Do we have to have every tweet be viewed as news? There's a huge difference between a press release, a newswire, and someone tweeting that they just blew their nose.

*rant mode off*

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Peter just found a few news to put into the feed - first time it grabs everything - then it 'cools' down :D

"Planet Newsbot" .. hmmmmmm :headscratch:

3. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

This made me Lol so much my glasses fell off and i snorted my coffee. +rep

4. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

But the big question here is ... did you remember to tweet about it??? :wise:

5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I configured the RSS feed to pick up new stuff from the official channels, with a maximum amount of articles at a time. The very first time the bot picks it up, it will grab them until that amount, and after that, things will quiet down.

I'm only using the official Twitter accounts of the planet partners, precisely because I expect those to be professionally handled, as opposed to a dev tweeting he is now waiting for a red light ;)

6. LOL Lykke!

VF, thanks for the info! I was afraid that the signal to noise ratio was about to go through the floor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.