New Treasure Island Deeds All Sold

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EntropiaPlanets, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Metaverse Estate Deeds Acquired in Record Time in Entropia Universe

Twenty-two minutes. That’s how long it took for all 800,000 deeds of New Treasure Island to be snapped up by eager Entropia Universe participants. The fortunate deed holders will now share in the revenue generated by activity on New Treasure Island, one of the most popular hunting destinations within the vast metaverse of Entropia Universe.

[​IMG]

New Treasure Island deeds were first listed on the Entropia Exchange on December 1, 2021 at 11:00 UTC, at a price of 10 PED (1 USD) per deed. Within just over twenty minutes, the record-breaking deed offering was fully subscribed.

Compare this to the Crystal Palace Space Station offering of 500,000 deeds, which took nearly 48 hours to complete. This makes New Treasure Island not only the largest, but also the fastest metaverse estate offering in history.

Such estate offerings and entrepreneurial opportunities available in Entropia Universe underline the robust nature of the unique virtual economy, the cornerstone of what makes it the world's first and longest-running metaverse.

Facts

New Treasure Island Info
    • Area: 64 square kilometers (24.7 square miles), making New Treasure Island larger than Manhattan.
    • Common Creatures: Hogglo, Leviathan, Frescoquda and Letomie.
    • Common Minerals: Lysterium and Blausariam.
    Full Details

Previous Estate and Deed Milestones in Entropia Universe
    • 2005 An asteroid space resort orbiting Planet Calypso, “Club NEVERDIE”, acquired for 100,000 USD.
    • 2009 Crystal Palace Space Station auctioned for 330,000 USD, setting a new Guinness World Record for most expensive virtual item.
    • 2010 The “Club NEVERDIE” space resort transferred between Entropia Universe avatars for a reported 635,000 USD.
    • 2011 60,000 Calypso Land Deeds, with a face value of 6 million USD, acquired by Entropia Universe participants. The current market value of the 60,000 deeds is over 18 million USD.
    • 2013 Monria, a moon of Planet Calypso, auctioned for 150,000 USD.
    • 2016 Arkadia Underground deeds auctioned for a total of 1 million USD. Current market value of the deeds exceeds 2 million USD.
    • 2019 Crystal Palace Space Station deeds listed on the Entropia Exchange for a total of 500,000 USD. The current market value of those deeds is approximately 915,500 USD.
    • 2021 800,000 New Treasure Island Deeds were acquired for 800,000 USD in 22 minutes.

About Entropia Universe
    Entropia Universe is the world’s longest-running metaverse. Since 2003, Entropia Universe has continuously raised the bar for online virtual experiences by offering a vibrant economy with a real-cash currency. Participants collect and earn virtual currency Project Entropia Dollars (PED) within the game and are able to withdraw funds to their real-world bank accounts. Through the Entropia Planet Partner program, developers from around the world build and maintain additional planets within the Entropia Universe system, each with their own unique themes and designs.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2021
  2. Tass

Tass Administrator

A long time ago EntropiaPlanets' tagline was "first with the news" ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

*mumbles something about fools and their money*

Good luck waiting 10 years for any ROI, those who drank the coolaid! But well done to MindArk. You managed to find some suckers again, and diluted your profits even more. The frog, after almost 20 years, still didn't realize it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tass

Tass Administrator

METAVERSE METAVERSE METAVERSE METAVERSE

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

WHAT? Already? (Dayum I was going to get one too - just been too busy to log in)

So.... I'm now wondering... as a current CLD shareholder entitled to a 25% share of the revenue generated on Calypso... will I see a slice of this Sales Pie?

,-)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Twenty-two minutes...

Twenty-two minutes!!!

HAHAHAHAHA.... if it smells like a fish...

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I dunno... even Ancient Greece isn't doing too bad on ROI compared to the world outside Entropia. This said, Entropia is a risky investment and there are probably safer risky investments IRL. Additionally the trouble with low returns on deeds is that you loose a cut to auction sales (or entropia exchange fees) and also to withdraw and deposit fees (definitely) and may also loose out to currency variations. Another point is that the resale price is lower than the buy price still so that would be another area of loss to potentially need to make up for if treating as an investment.

I suspect NTI will do OK compared to the other deeds because it's on Calypso... but then again... they sold a lot of deeds so who knows... maybe the pie slice per deed is too small.

8. Kitty

Kitty Catnip is my kryptonite!

nvm

• Like Like x 1
  9. Liu

Liu

Good job MA ! Enough money sucked in to pay the bills for the next 2 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

If 800k USD is enough to pay 50 people for 2 years, I suddenly get the quality of everything :D If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Bills may not include salaries. £13,000 a year is.... well er... mostly tax free?

12. narfi

narfi Lost

What could you do with $8000 a year, say 10k ped a month, and insider knowledge? (obviously leaving ethics out of the equation)

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

My integrity doesn't come that cheap ;)

MA did recently hire a bunch of new people. 12 or so in total, I believe. I'd think with Swedish wages, 800k would cover their wages and related costs for about a year, and then they'd have to come up with something new again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I guess this might be a good place to pick up discussion of the fact that these are now player tradable as of last update notes. I don't have anything to add other than that, but maybe someone who's made it into since the update knows what they are trading for, or even if they are being traded. Suspect someone is testing the water of how much instant profit they can make though, assuming the shares did reasonable on pay outs that is (got no idea).

Wistrel

15. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

they are trading at 13.10 each as of 14:26 friday 4th march. They are paying well so don't see why so low except number of people in a rush to sell is high.

16. Good question. In theory CLD shareholders should seeing as NTI is oc on Calypso.

17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I dunno... that's a 31% hike right? Seems quite a lot compared to how long it took for CLD's to go up to where they are these days. Any idea the ROI on the original 10ped charge?

18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

When I looked the other day they were more like 140%.

19. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

You need to check more often. As of now 16:42 on 8th March 2022 the lowest is 10.99 ped per deed. Its like I said more sellers than buyers at moment, so price is gone down. I expect after those in a rush to sell are done the price will rise dramatically. So for now nice time to buy for those that missed out on the initial sale.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Norbert

Norbert Cartoon Head

I really don't understand why people buy these or any shares tbh... lets take 1 hour in other FREE activities per wk and examine.

Sweating, 1 hour is 500 sweat@ 1.3 per k = 0.65 ped - shares at 10 ped each pay 1.5 pec per wk ish - 65/1.5 = 43.33 shares @ 10 ped each to give in 1 week same amount.

Running ark moon towers - 10 mins a day so lets say 15 mins to be generous - so 4 days @ 2 ped per day uni ammo = 8 ped uni ammo. now lets say 50% return to again be in worst case = 4 ped. 4 ped/0.15 pec (0.015 ped) = 266.66 shares @10 ped each offer price.

There are other optiions with "investment" but just looking at free alternatives.

Mind blown

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.