New rce game. Help me name it.

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by Venture Bros, Jan 3, 2019.

1. I am developing a new rce game.
    It will be 2d pixel based and the twist is the only way to 'deposit' is to do surveys, offers, other get paid to type stuff like on those sites such as my old pedtoclick (which will be back eventually using the base system of this new games website).

You will use an axe for trees, pickaxes (probably a pick instead as a pickaxes is also an axe) to mine rocks, and swords for combat (just melee initially). This will likely be set in a midevil time period but if you can think of a good replacement for the 3 main tools a scifi or anything else works too.

Anyways as I said in the title I am having trouble thinking of a name. Any ideas?

To McCormick:

I know mmorpgs are massive projects and literally everyone who makes a post like this doesn't follow through. This is a funded project that will follow through even if it's userbase is a tenth of entropia.

I will be using an existing engine for 2d mmorpg's and this will be a small indie project that will succeed regardless of the games success from it's basic model.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  2. Haha, thanks for naming me already in the inital post ! x'D

Any basic artwork to show ? Storyline ?

You dont just want to base everything on the name alone, someone hands out to you now, do you ?
    It must fit the product, else you are just one of the many games out there...no matter the funding.
    Forever alone, you know ?
    What do you pay for a good name ? % of monthly turnover ?

While I really dont like offers and surveys, as its fecking annoying on mobile games already...and should be considered illegal...I wish you the best of luck and hope you come up with something out of the ordinary.

But I guess you know how hard the gaming market became...no matter the funding.
    At least I hope so...good luck, you'll need it !

Reminds me when I was into Project Ion for some time and designed their new logo in 2014...it felt so strong...but time has gone by so fast...and Im no longer involved. But I really enjoyed it.

https://forum.testbuilt.org/viewtopic.php?t=400

project ion logo.png

3. love the 2D idea, but whatever you do, please try to avoid mindark's mistakes or i'll dupe all modfaps on day one :nana:

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

midevil ... medieval? ;)

What is the engine incidentally? I'd be interested in a read.

OT Ped2click has gone?

5. I'm not basing the game on the name. The games set in stone just not the theme or name yet. Just looking for some ideas. I don't want to detail gameplay too much as figuring it out is part of the fun just like with entropia. But it will mostly be as slow and non engaging gameplay as entropia or runescape. Not exactly fast action or anything.

6. Bad spelling in the middle of the night. haha yea medieval.

Engine will be the ummorpg 2d engine on unity. I've seen some decent games made on it and it seems to meet basic networking needs with some features I was going to want to add anyways.

Pedtoclick will be back eventually. Working on the new website script which will be shared by pedtoclick and this new game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Oh yea I have years of experience of their mistakes. Plus I will listen to the community with community meetings where voted representatives will be able to speak to the dev team directly. Eve online does this and I love the concept.

8. Pickzel Surveyor. ?

Lame but relevant, sort of. :)

9. Call it NYCE, short for Not Yet Completely Evil.

(insert a joke about Google dropping its "don't be evil" slogan)

10. ahh no strongboxes? :cry2::cry2:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Google did that? I guess there was little point to the facade any more really...

• Hussked Hussked x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.