ROCKtropia: New Movie Destination on Rocktropia?

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by narfi, Jul 4, 2013.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

While this might risk derailing this thread, I've very recently been in touch with David Post, and am sure he'd not mind me sharing that he has not given up on Next Island yet.

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

As far as I'm concerned, that's a very good thing if it happens. I like that planet, and it has great potential, so it'll be interesting to see what plays out over time.

3. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

I was under the impression that they had closed up shop and MA had repossessed the planet...?

4. My guess is that he still has full rights to it and MA is billing him for all work being done such as bug fixes and what not on top of probably a monthly fine for not doing any work.

5. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

The only thing I can say regarding Next Island is ... if Post doesn't find an investor, or someone to take over the planet, and can't come to some agreement with MA (talks have been going on), then the planet will remain "as is" without any development whatsoever for about another 3 years.

And I won't believe that David Post will become active again with Next Island until I see it happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I for one hope ND has something up his sleeve. Many players don't like him however he is an EU pioneer and is a very whacky and creative individual! I'd love to chill out with him and drink some beers... however until the U.S. changes their policy on allowing reformed criminals into their country that'll never happen!
    I guess we just wait and see.... with NI all but sunk.... if RT goes down as well it'll make a BOLD statement about the state of the platform itself.

Menace

• Hussked Hussked x 1
  7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The planet or the company owning the rights to the planet currently does not have funding or employees. I'm not entirely sure where that contractually leaves the planet, but I do believe Mr Post still hold the IP and rights to everything produced on his dime.

The repossession is an option, but it could very well be that MA simply chose not to exercise it yet. I do know that in the past, both Mr Post and MA have been trying to find someone to take over NI, though.

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I'll send them my CV ;) It will say "Enthusiastic player wants to take over mm'kay?"

9. He might not have given up on it, but what is he doing about it? I don't see him as an aggressive take charge person. And I don't see anything happening with NI in his hands..........unfortunately :(

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I can see why you would say that but the guy had a vision. A computer game he drafted the story for years before. (Next Island Origins game). He eventually made it happen or at least start. I'd call that fairly impressive.

11. Bump because well... killed a few wolves today. Wish they were tame able like panthers.... Also this thread is like bits of the last few years here all I'm one
    Place

12. Guess I bumped this too soon... There's enough drama on RT now that someone could probably create a mini-series that would be more worth watching than any 'new movie destination'

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...cheat-please&p=3553638&viewfull=1#post3553638

13. narfi

narfi Lost

When dicks compete, drama abounds!

14. San

San

Quite sad, really. But I find it happening again and again, in the most varied contexts. Friends & family starting a company together, just like ND putting their heart in, nobody's perfect but somehow you always expect at least not to be hated for what you're doing. And then customers and partners turn out dicks, one after another. You then either want to quit or just take their money and not care anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.