1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Narfi's Life after EU: Chapter Four - FS17 a 17ft V-Hull Powerboat

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by narfi, Sep 20, 2017.

1. narfi

narfi Lost

Sorry for lack of updates, I will try to get them copied over.
    Bought the motor in may and that big expenditure put the pressure on me from both myself and my family to get the project done so we can enjoy the fruits of the cost (and my labor) That pressure combined with the busy summer schedule and only being able to work an hour or two on it per night has taken the joy out of the project..... I am trying to keep positive and enjoying it (I do enjoy the work, just not the pressure) and will hopefully have it in the water this summer or fall. (I had hoped to have it in the water last summer, then this spring, then by 1st of July.......)

2. narfi

narfi Lost

Here are a couple pictures of how it looks now till I have time to copy over the updates.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And of course the 'old' canoe is getting some good use,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. narfi

narfi Lost

What kind? You should post some pictures :)

4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I can understand the problem. Same here: running a great project with a lot of enthusium and at one point it turns into stress or becomes boring.
    But I love the pictures so much of the kids still enjoying the result of your former project. Same as you do, I assume. Thumbs up for your work! Finally it'll pay! Probably spring or summer next year ...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Ah I understand. I started a project with a friend hmm probably before easter... it's really been dragging lately due to him suddenly getting busy with work and then not being able to get round to printing bits and then get together to test assemble.

Still, good news at my end is we managed to meet the other week and assemble some of the latest test prints. I was super chuffed with how well some parts I designed from scratch fitted perfectly together and it feels like the whole thing is finally starting to take shape. I've got some mistake to find and fix but tonight I was just too tired after a 9 hour day so been "relaxing" by catching up on some tutorial vids.

Anyhow, hear's to motivation. Hope your project doesn't get too stressful. My friend (same one) is building a boat. Hes realised how much hull there is to make....

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Intex K1 Challenger. It's the popular well reviewed one on amazon.