My view on the SEE planets

Discussion in 'SEE' started by RAZER, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Yes that's a different business model and has potential. I don't think SEE will be the ones to do it though, it's not how they operate.

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

just remember that is it my idea (gonna be rich)

3. John BD

John BD Subwoofers rock.

hmmm no picking on my bug, none is perfect :( lol

(but did creep me out when i saw it at first so i stored it on my hd in a warm n nice spot :D)

4. That's one planet that definately would have a Cult following

5. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

they'd have to build the planet in order to workout what the question was.....:D

6. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Planet42 ... I see it :O :O :O

If we make it a small planet, how many shares do we THEN need to create this????

( how much does it create to MAKE a planet though???)

7. RAZER

All I can say is:

[​IMG]

There are LOTS of possibilities for the SEE planets, lets just hope they choose the right ones. I am still not sure about the MJ one, but time will tell.

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Just make sure you have a towel closeby...

9. The towel is not a problem, but i seem to have misplaced my electronic thumb.

Damn, i guess i'll have to pay transportation fees after all

10. I dont want to be negative but I just absolutely, with every inch of my being, cannot see them making a good ROI on these planets. Heck, I feel sorry for them.
    I guess in my view it just boils down to this:

MA is not giving the partners enough freedom to make a truely new experience. It's just not how this platform is setup. I do very much wonder what kind of expectations they have about the release of their planets.

If I could give these partners one piece of sound advice it would be : Forget about the RCE, make your own platform and try to make a nice game that's fun to play for a reasonable price. This whole 'real cash economy, play for free' comes at a price. The price being ofc the fact that the whole gaming expirience is very limited by the fact that nearly everything has real world value.

I guess the only one party that is getting good deal is MA, and kudos to them for doing it. Not that it's not eventually going to blow up in their face.

11. Kay Jones

Kay Jones who?

Why should it blow up in their face? Even if all the planet partners should cancel their contracts and their planets be taken offline, PE would have gotten lots of free marketing and media coverage. The players who like the gameplay and not the theme of the planet that brought them into the universe migrate to calypso - which is an actual plus for MA. Unless they did something stupid when designing their contracts, they have nothing to lose.

12. Here's how I see it. Players who like the gameplay are probably already playing EU. New players joining new planets are probably not going to be disappointed by the theme but by the gameplay. If you dont like the gameplay you are not going to be better of on another planet. It would just be the same disappointing gameplay with another theme. So all you ppl thinking that new players are going to start running to calypso because the new planets are not all that, think again.

As for the marketing and media coverage, horribly overrated and short lived. The RCE element has some very nasty drawbacks when it comes to keeping new blood in the game. Also players that are attracked to these gameformats are perfectly capable of finding it without the coverage.

13. this idea is so nice that MA could not even thinked about...........................

14. Why stop there? How bout an install dvd so they don't have to download the software? this will expedite the EU experience

15. close...here is an idea to think about. Imagine Universal Monsters Planet launches. Initially it generates alot of interest. Then like everything else, interest drops off. A year later, another "Monster" movie is released by Universal. This time around, it is coordinated with the Planet. You watch the movie in the theater. You get an incentive to go online and relive the movie experience for more than a few hours. A new LA is "discovered" to coordinate with release of the new movie, with content relevant to the new release. 3 months later, the DVD comes out. You include incentives such as freebie codes in the packaging. People buy the DVD, the planet gets another shot in the arm. A year later another "Monster" movie installment is released by Universal....get the idea?

16. RAZER

yep kinda what I was thinking. The problem is that with every planet the spread of people is getting thinner. Sure you get a bit more people over the entire universe, but the old ones are spreading out, causing there to be less people on the planets in general.

So you idea with more continents on one planet could work, so a monster planet with a Frankenstein continent and a Van Helsing continent. Sounds OK to be.

But what about other planets, any ideas?
    We have the monster planet and the MJ planet, what else could fit in this nice planet concept we are making here :)

17. My lil brother is reading this thread over my shoulder and says he wants you to make him Planet Poopsy, where he can blast away at giant turds of all shapes and colors. He got me laughing but boy is he dumb :P:rollseyes:

18. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

The sky really is the limit. I was totally surprised by the idea of incorporating Michael Jackson as a planet concept. I figured the platform would be mostly catering to gaming. ROCKTropia employs a more music-themed approach, but in itself still is a game. The Michael Jackson planet is a grand way of thinking out of the box, game-wise. It's about in the same league as a game being made out of playing guitar, and we all know how well that did :)

What I like about the monsters idea, is that it opens up for cross-movie possibilities. You already mentioned Frankenstein and Van Helsing. What if the same is done elsewhere? I.e. a fantasy planet could cater to Narnia fans, LOTR fans, and whatever other fantasy movies might be coming out. You could have a planet completely covered with water for WaterWorld + likewise minded movies. Or what about a sci-fi planet, where not only will you be able to battle Aliens and Predators, but bugs from Starship Troopers and any other sci-fi planet as well?

19. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

I know there is a game about LOTR (LOTRO) because both I and Peter plays it ... BUT I WOULD LOVE A TOLKIEN PLANET ... please please PLEASE!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.