My life outside of EU: The Pond Project!

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by OZtwo, Oct 2, 2017.

1. As I'm a very active player in EU still, yes I love the game, I did something very odd in 2017 and that was to work on a weekend project to put a Pond in my backyard. Well that weekend project turned in to a 72+ day project which isn't done yet. The end of summer stopped me. :cry2:

The idea was to put in a pond in the backyard so that I could watch it form my computer. I do have the pond running now with 2 cheep webcam's watching it. One inside and the other USB camera outside 50+ feet away from the computer. I love the outside camera since I can turn the audio on to play in the background. I now have running water as I once did when I lived by a creek.

What's was cool about this project is that I recorded it all. I posted a daily update of each days' video (sped up 3000%) and hopefully I will edit a full version and post it YouTube.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I do have a life outside of EU.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Welcome to the crafter's section of Entropiaplanets! RL feels good. Even for me meanwhile. Good luck with your pond! Post some pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you! It was my very first project in over 15+ years and one of the biggest project I ever worked on. I guess it was a 50th thing? :) As a true computer nerd, all I wanted was a damn simple pond to watch.... But sorry, all my videos are on Facebook now. I'm working on the master video as I type. Here's the latest image I have of the second USB camera outside. WIN_20171001_18_46_16_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. narfi

narfi Lost

Looks nice, keep us updated on the projected and thoughts on decision processes on different parts of it. It is something I know absolutely nothing about.

5. Same here! I had no idea what the hell I was doing and got it all on tape! :)

6. Slowly working on the media side of the project and just tonight setup a new YouTube channel to start uploading videos. Here is my very first video I made a while back when I had this idea that I was just going to be doing this for a few weeks if not just one weekend.

(Get ready! You are about to see the RL OZtwo!)

7. As I hit my 30th day in the project I more or less had a good idea where it was going and what I wanted to do -- as I kept telling myself. I was still in the dark how I was going to do it. All I knew is I wanted to put a webcam outside.

This is the last video I created since I kind of started to work harder on the project just wanting to get it done.

The source of the two videos were taking from the main videos I created each and every day to post on Facebook. At the end I think I spent way much more time editing the videos then working on the project itself.

BTW, I finally did pick a pump and it was a 1000GPH

(FYI, yes I have that webcam outside now and I'm listening to the water running live as I type this here.)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  8. Well, I didn't think I would do it, but I found that I did. I started uploading all 72 days of sped up video to YouTube adding a song to each and every one. I created the YouTube channel so that I could live stream and add the animals but I found I needed to add the history. It is just fun searching for the right music really.

9. narfi

narfi Lost

Im not sure what I am seeing... are there a bunch of roots in the ground you are pulling out? or is that brush from back in the shrubs?

10. Yes, a lot of vines in the ground that needed to be removed. There was even more, but I didn't think up the idea of recording all this until the next day of the project. First time ever in my life I did this! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Odd enough between working on each day uploading to YouTube I pulled out OBS and looked into how I could live stream both on Facebook and YouTube so I would have more control over switching between the 2 cameras. I got the idea when I found a squirrel running all over between the yard and the pond hiding its' food I placed out for it. I as well found out how I got so many damn holes. I always guessed it was the last owners dog but found it to be the damn squirrels! :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  12. I'm still slowly searching for 72 songs to place on all 72 days of the project and happy to say I'm half way done. I as well created a new Facebook page (so that I could get a live stream key).

https://www.facebook.com/mypondproject/

13. My latest video I created for YouTube showing a Squirrel eating ALL day long. Soon my pond will have 3 cameras pointing at it!

• Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.