1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My life outside of EU: The Pond Project!

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by OZtwo, Oct 2, 2017.

1. As I'm a very active player in EU still, yes I love the game, I did something very odd in 2017 and that was to work on a weekend project to put a Pond in my backyard. Well that weekend project turned in to a 72+ day project which isn't done yet. The end of summer stopped me. :cry2:

The idea was to put in a pond in the backyard so that I could watch it form my computer. I do have the pond running now with 2 cheep webcam's watching it. One inside and the other USB camera outside 50+ feet away from the computer. I love the outside camera since I can turn the audio on to play in the background. I now have running water as I once did when I lived by a creek.

What's was cool about this project is that I recorded it all. I posted a daily update of each days' video (sped up 3000%) and hopefully I will edit a full version and post it YouTube.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I do have a life outside of EU.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Welcome to the crafter's section of Entropiaplanets! RL feels good. Even for me meanwhile. Good luck with your pond! Post some pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you! It was my very first project in over 15+ years and one of the biggest project I ever worked on. I guess it was a 50th thing? :) As a true computer nerd, all I wanted was a damn simple pond to watch.... But sorry, all my videos are on Facebook now. I'm working on the master video as I type. Here's the latest image I have of the second USB camera outside. WIN_20171001_18_46_16_Pro.

• Like Like x 1
  4. narfi

narfi Lost

Looks nice, keep us updated on the projected and thoughts on decision processes on different parts of it. It is something I know absolutely nothing about.

5. Same here! I had no idea what the hell I was doing and got it all on tape! :)

6. Slowly working on the media side of the project and just tonight setup a new YouTube channel to start uploading videos. Here is my very first video I made a while back when I had this idea that I was just going to be doing this for a few weeks if not just one weekend.

(Get ready! You are about to see the RL OZtwo!)

7. As I hit my 30th day in the project I more or less had a good idea where it was going and what I wanted to do -- as I kept telling myself. I was still in the dark how I was going to do it. All I knew is I wanted to put a webcam outside.

This is the last video I created since I kind of started to work harder on the project just wanting to get it done.

The source of the two videos were taking from the main videos I created each and every day to post on Facebook. At the end I think I spent way much more time editing the videos then working on the project itself.

BTW, I finally did pick a pump and it was a 1000GPH

(FYI, yes I have that webcam outside now and I'm listening to the water running live as I type this here.)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  8. Well, I didn't think I would do it, but I found that I did. I started uploading all 72 days of sped up video to YouTube adding a song to each and every one. I created the YouTube channel so that I could live stream and add the animals but I found I needed to add the history. It is just fun searching for the right music really.

9. narfi

narfi Lost

Im not sure what I am seeing... are there a bunch of roots in the ground you are pulling out? or is that brush from back in the shrubs?

10. Yes, a lot of vines in the ground that needed to be removed. There was even more, but I didn't think up the idea of recording all this until the next day of the project. First time ever in my life I did this! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Odd enough between working on each day uploading to YouTube I pulled out OBS and looked into how I could live stream both on Facebook and YouTube so I would have more control over switching between the 2 cameras. I got the idea when I found a squirrel running all over between the yard and the pond hiding its' food I placed out for it. I as well found out how I got so many damn holes. I always guessed it was the last owners dog but found it to be the damn squirrels! :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  12. I'm still slowly searching for 72 songs to place on all 72 days of the project and happy to say I'm half way done. I as well created a new Facebook page (so that I could get a live stream key).

https://www.facebook.com/mypondproject/

13. My latest video I created for YouTube showing a Squirrel eating ALL day long. Soon my pond will have 3 cameras pointing at it!

• Winner Winner x 1