Planet Calypso: My Halloween Mayhem Results

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by narfi, Nov 21, 2013.

1. narfi

narfi Lost

I haven't ever really tried to fully participate in any of the Calypso events before, so was fun to take a spin at this one even though my best chance is at the 25/50/100th place prizes.

Gear used:
    Tier 1/2/3 Jarhead + 5b plates (Chronicle+Lemmy Plates for the short time in L5 instances)
    Firefly tier 6 until the 3/4 through, then tier 7.
    Regeneration Chip X
    Barringer SR47 tier 3 + Low Rider Mk2 (for tagging the Pumpkin)

Strategy used:
    Almost exclusively killed the L20 zombies in the L3 instance, they hit for mostly 1.0 and so healing did not slow down my dps.
    I killed every Pumpkin boss, and did full 1hr runs unless I crashed.
    I did 2x runs for fun in the L5 instance where I killed the dogs and 1 pumpkin. (reduced dps from healing and lower kills per minute actually produced fewer points per hour than I was getting from the L20 zombies in the L3 instance)
    I looted 5 essence of evil and used a soc mates as well, so in total killed 6 Vampires in the L3 instance. (crap loot on all, and for points per minute would have been better staying focused on the L20 zombies)

Started the event just under L50 knifefighter hit (ticked over L50 in the first hunt or two of mayhem) and ended at L51.7, so right about 1.7 levels gained.

Time Logged: 39:47:25 (added 90seconds per crash)
    Of that 1:26:03 was from crashed instances and so total damage and kills are not included from them.

Candy Boxes looted: ~30
    Pumpkins looted:
    Rotten: 1032
    Sickly: 238
    Damaged: 103
    Healthy: 56
    Mature: 22
    Fully Developed: 12
    Twin: 1
    Mutated: 1

Total Points: 8172

Total Damage Delt: 8979673 (not counting crashed instances)
    Total Kills: 5239 (not counting crashed instances)

Overall I was surprised at how good loot was. I'm pretty sure I was in the positive vs. knife decay overall, but enhancers and armor decay (about 80ped per run) brought that down into the loss column for me.
    (extremely rough estimates would have me at break even if I chipped out the gained skills and sold them)

I have been having fun playing around with streaming some of my playing time, so here are a couple of clips I have from the event.

I have no idea how many points the higher lvl players were getting, but would be interesting to get feedback/comments from them or suggestions on how I might change my approach for better results.

gl and have fun :)

narfi

• Like Like x 1
    • Gratz Gratz x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.