Move your data to SSD (in client loader)

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Xandra, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Hi,

I stumbled upon a thread in one of those inferior forums that made me thinking: The client loader now (since years I guess ...) offers to move the complete planet data!

Since I have a lightening fast system SSD now, I tried it.
    (Traditionally I had a small, fast HD with my system only, while programs, user data etc. residing on a second, bigger HD - this way a broken system can be restored from backup very quickly. This system drive is a SSD now.)
    Created a folder on the base level of my SSD (program folder doesn't work due to permissions), selected it in the client loader (under "folders" ...), and it moved the whole 9GB by itself.

The result is awesome
    - EU runs like a charm now, loading times of new areas are much shorter now, opening time of my overloaded storage is nearly zero now, and at all it feels much smoother.

On Win 10 pro. (To get EU running on Win 10 I had to do a fresh installation of EU, but this may be due to the fact that I didn't upgrade directly my former Win7, but made a fresh Win7 installation on the SSD, and upgraded this one.)

Maybe this can help some ppl to speed up their system, too! Or at least give them a good laugh, because they already have done it long ago ...

Backdrop: The option to check & repair your downloaded data seems to have gone ...

Have a good time,

Xandra

Note to Mods:
    Should this be redundant news (even if did some searches about), or in a wrong forum, feel free to do whatever with it ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I think its all on my SSD already

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.