Monria, A Top Entropia Universe Destination, Is Now For Sale

Discussion in 'Monria' started by EntropiaPlanets, Apr 22, 2015.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sionkiewicz

Sionkiewicz One of those Americans

Reservation reached by Eugenio Anhithe Wilde for 943,384 PED!

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

what was it originally sold for again?

4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

"Once again Entropia Universe makes headline news by the sale of a major virtual estate. This time a newly discovered moon went for not less than USD 150,000 to a group of investors lead by player "Modified Akoz Power"."

5. Sionkiewicz

So.. a loss of ~ $55K?

6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, a loss of US$ 55k minus income from taxes and sales of shops and apartments. The equivalent of a medium-sized car even. Probably it was worth a try.
    They had so much enthusiasm and good ideas. I'm not sure about: was the introducing story published somewhere? (Akoz sent it to me and told me to keep it confidential.)
    At least I know about some hopes and plans of the investor group (because they planned - among other things - special PvP arenas and Mikass asked me if I could build them). It seems they had struggles with MindArk. Monria is under a special status. It is still part of Calypso and Akoz and his companions got only administrator rights. It's not like a planet partnership.

Probably Eugenio Anhithe Wilde can make a better contract with MA. I doubt it though :-(

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  7. Hmmmm...maybe Eugenio is Qetesh brother ? ;D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Well somehow I doubt it...

The one thing that pissed me off about Monria was that the (potentially good) story was linked to mass grind and not even guaranteed mass grind. Grind these mobs, level up a lot, then grind more mobs and you MIGHT loot a bit of story. Historically story has been used as a "reward mechanism" in games but the reward has to be proportional to the effort/cost to achieve it. If you had to grind hours and hours just to see the next bit of render video in final fantasy I don't think anyone would ever see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Oha! Sounds like big bullshit. I thought Akoz was up to use the story for advertisement and not for prizes. That's really lame.

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh I'm sure there are better ways to link story progression to action... even if it something like kill n mobs then come back and I'll tell you more or something. Lame also but better than locking out the story to everyone except people who likely don't care about it

11. Sold to an "Irish Company" named "Virtual Sense" "http://www.virtualsense.eu/".

An "Irish company" based on selling/trading ingame items. According to their site, since 2009.
    (inside of Entopia of course)

Long time player "Eugenio Anhithe Wilde", his brother and his wife "Juanita Kendra Wilde" AND "Dark Moon Enigma" (which is long time player MS9) now rule Monria.
    thx to Haruto

Great ad for MindArk. Now they can say, "We sell a moon every year now" x'D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  12. Sionkiewicz

Here's to hoping they do some new and fun with it.. :beerchug:

13. I dont think virtualsense will be purely based just on his "Entropia Ingame Shops" and Monria in the future.
    Some "MMO community manager training" and "coordinating software teams" and his 1st bitcoin mining tests are added on top of this.
    Consulting and contracting startups is also mentioned.
    You can find some of those references on his LinkedIn profile, but his blog got its last update in summer of 2014 and is about basics of Entropia, bitcoin and Oculus Rift. Hum...

Hes a longterm Entropia player though and probably knows enough about it by now.
    Or why would he invest into Monria now ? This is not 2005 and not Treasure Island.
    I wonder who else is in the "investor boat" and if he will be able to convince and work together with MindArk flawlessly.
    Monria is complete so far and wont need a dev team right now.

virtualsense only has 5 snapshots in the waybackmachine. Nothing before 2014 and is focused on...Entropia.
    Ah well, not enough to go all "woohoo" and enough to claim this wont be a stillbirth. Or is it already dead ?
    Lets wait and SEE, like always. Good luck, you will need it !

You can still sell Monria again, giving MindArk just another "moon sale" in the news. ;D

virtualsense.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    From duedil.com :
    Virtualsense Limited was incorporated on 12 Feb 2009 and is located in Co Dublin.
    The company's status is listed as "Active" and it currently has 2 directors.
    The company's first directors were Jason Jarvis, Zita Jarvis. Virtualsense Limited does not have any subsidiaries.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    https://www.duedil.com/company/IE467396/virtualsense-limited

jason2.jpg
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonjohnjarvis

jason1.jpg
    https://www.facebook.com/jasonjohnjarvis?fref=ts

jason zita 3.jpg
    https://www.facebook.com/zita.jarvis

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  14. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Spread all the Beer over the keyboard. Yep, that's it!

15. his wife "Dark Moon Enigma" ... Mindstar 9 is married to Anhithe?

16. his wife "Dark Moon Enigma" ... Mindstar 9 is married to Anhithe?

17. No, see Monria Team.

Anhithe's wife is Juanita Kendra Wilde, and his brother is also in.

18. Thanks for the info Haruto :)

19. Just did the St Patricksday event on Monria. Great project Entropia style event. A lot of fun. Just being there is fun. Doesn't have to cost a PEC to Walk in the parade full of green dressed people. ( You even get free green trousers). Lots of other Nice and weird events, even in Hunting: get the lowest possible global. We failed miserably with 3x 6 ped ones. ( I think 5 is the lowest)
    This team really shows how you can do events! Even though I don't like the cuddly incrowd mood om their forum, this is well executed. Yes there is massive lag when 120 green dressed players take their pets out and start lighting fireworks etc. But it is great fun.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.