1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monria, A Top Entropia Universe Destination, Is Now For Sale

Discussion in 'Monria' started by EntropiaPlanets, Apr 22, 2015.

By EntropiaPlanets on Apr 22, 2015 at 14:36
  1. April 22nd, 2015, Monria/ - The Monria Investor Group would like to announce the sale of Monria, an attractive Entropia Universe destination.

The potential buyer will enjoy a constant revenue stream derived from hunting, mining and crafting activities, as well as extra affiliate revenue generated by Monria born players. In addition, the buyer will get the chance to work closely with the Swedish developer Mindark, to further grow and develop Monria.

Monria is an exciting sci-fi horror MMO inspired by H.P Lovecraft’s Cthulhu. It offers unique content for new players and Entropia Universe veterans alike, including new creatures and items, plus dozens of quests and activities.

As with all planets in Entropia Universe it features core gameplay including hunting, mining and crafting options and is connected to the larger Universe. This means easy access to the many different planets of Entropia Universe and veteran players can travel to Monria and explore this fascinating world.

All interested parties can get in touch at ir@monria.com.

About Monria
    Monria is managed by a group of Entropia Universe players who invested

in the opportunity to manage their own planet. Monria stands out as the only Cthulhu mythos inspired sci-fi horror MMORPG. Monria is free-to-play and features a real-cash economy. Players can not only deposit, but also cash out their hard earned skills and valuable items. For more information on Monria please visit www.monria.com.

About Entropia Universe
    Entropia Universe is the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (MMORCE) game in the world. Entropia Universe offers players the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they have no monthly costs. Its innovative real cash economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US Dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on any virtual planet or in the real word. Entropia Universe uses a state of the art engine to deliver the highest quality visuals in an MMO today.

• Informative Informative x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Monria' started by EntropiaPlanets, Apr 22, 2015.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Sionkiewicz

Sionkiewicz One of those Americans

Reservation reached by Eugenio Anhithe Wilde for 943,384 PED!

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

what was it originally sold for again?

4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

"Once again Entropia Universe makes headline news by the sale of a major virtual estate. This time a newly discovered moon went for not less than USD 150,000 to a group of investors lead by player "Modified Akoz Power"."

5. Sionkiewicz

So.. a loss of ~ $55K?

6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, a loss of US$ 55k minus income from taxes and sales of shops and apartments. The equivalent of a medium-sized car even. Probably it was worth a try.
      They had so much enthusiasm and good ideas. I'm not sure about: was the introducing story published somewhere? (Akoz sent it to me and told me to keep it confidential.)
      At least I know about some hopes and plans of the investor group (because they planned - among other things - special PvP arenas and Mikass asked me if I could build them). It seems they had struggles with MindArk. Monria is under a special status. It is still part of Calypso and Akoz and his companions got only administrator rights. It's not like a planet partnership.

Probably Eugenio Anhithe Wilde can make a better contract with MA. I doubt it though :-(

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    7. Hmmmm...maybe Eugenio is Qetesh brother ? ;D

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Well somehow I doubt it...

The one thing that pissed me off about Monria was that the (potentially good) story was linked to mass grind and not even guaranteed mass grind. Grind these mobs, level up a lot, then grind more mobs and you MIGHT loot a bit of story. Historically story has been used as a "reward mechanism" in games but the reward has to be proportional to the effort/cost to achieve it. If you had to grind hours and hours just to see the next bit of render video in final fantasy I don't think anyone would ever see it.

9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Oha! Sounds like big bullshit. I thought Akoz was up to use the story for advertisement and not for prizes. That's really lame.

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh I'm sure there are better ways to link story progression to action... even if it something like kill n mobs then come back and I'll tell you more or something. Lame also but better than locking out the story to everyone except people who likely don't care about it

11. Sold to an "Irish Company" named "Virtual Sense" "http://www.virtualsense.eu/".

An "Irish company" based on selling/trading ingame items. According to their site, since 2009.
      (inside of Entopia of course)

Long time player "Eugenio Anhithe Wilde", his brother and his wife "Juanita Kendra Wilde" AND "Dark Moon Enigma" (which is long time player MS9) now rule Monria.
      thx to Haruto

Great ad for MindArk. Now they can say, "We sell a moon every year now" x'D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    12. Sionkiewicz

Here's to hoping they do some new and fun with it.. :beerchug:

13. I dont think virtualsense will be purely based just on his "Entropia Ingame Shops" and Monria in the future.
      Some "MMO community manager training" and "coordinating software teams" and his 1st bitcoin mining tests are added on top of this.
      Consulting and contracting startups is also mentioned.
      You can find some of those references on his LinkedIn profile, but his blog got its last update in summer of 2014 and is about basics of Entropia, bitcoin and Oculus Rift. Hum...

Hes a longterm Entropia player though and probably knows enough about it by now.
      Or why would he invest into Monria now ? This is not 2005 and not Treasure Island.
      I wonder who else is in the "investor boat" and if he will be able to convince and work together with MindArk flawlessly.
      Monria is complete so far and wont need a dev team right now.

virtualsense only has 5 snapshots in the waybackmachine. Nothing before 2014 and is focused on...Entropia.
      Ah well, not enough to go all "woohoo" and enough to claim this wont be a stillbirth. Or is it already dead ?
      Lets wait and SEE, like always. Good luck, you will need it !

You can still sell Monria again, giving MindArk just another "moon sale" in the news. ;D

virtualsense.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________
      From duedil.com :
      Virtualsense Limited was incorporated on 12 Feb 2009 and is located in Co Dublin.
      The company's status is listed as "Active" and it currently has 2 directors.
      The company's first directors were Jason Jarvis, Zita Jarvis. Virtualsense Limited does not have any subsidiaries.
      _______________________________________________________________________________________
      https://www.duedil.com/company/IE467396/virtualsense-limited

jason2.jpg
      https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonjohnjarvis

jason1.jpg
      https://www.facebook.com/jasonjohnjarvis?fref=ts

jason zita 3.jpg
      https://www.facebook.com/zita.jarvis

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    14. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Spread all the Beer over the keyboard. Yep, that's it!

15. his wife "Dark Moon Enigma" ... Mindstar 9 is married to Anhithe?

16. his wife "Dark Moon Enigma" ... Mindstar 9 is married to Anhithe?

17. No, see Monria Team.

Anhithe's wife is Juanita Kendra Wilde, and his brother is also in.

18. Thanks for the info Haruto :)