MMA FIGHT PROMOTER STARTS INVESTMENT BUSINESS IN VIRTUAL UNIVERSE

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by mmabigshow, Jul 22, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's really not a hard concept to grasp and by no means all that difficult.

You collect investors, buy a land area, divide the LA's profits amongst your investors based on how much they put in. Save your money, rinse and repeat. Then some day, you sell your LA's for a bit more than you paid and everyone profits even more.

It's very simple.

It's the lack of trust and overflow of skepticism that is whats making things far more difficult than it needs to be.

• Like Like x 2
  2. "Joint accounts or shared accounts is a violation against the EULA!"

Sorry - I honestly didn't know that, although how can MA make such a ruling? A joint account would have nothing to do with EU as such, and would be for the purposes of depositing the 100x$100 (1000 PED); but whichever, if this is against the EULA, then the whole thing won't attract investors, because 100 people are not going to put their money into someone else's sole account (or a companies account), however honest the intentions are.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Yep - you collect the investors, but what are they going to do - place their 1000 PED into your in-game account via PvP trade?? If not, then it must be deposited into a RL joint account, but apparantly this is against MA's EULA...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I think people will be wary of this, no matter how good your intentions are. It is like any investment, when you invest the money you get a receipt or a share certificate, when you invest money you enter into a legally binding contract. Unless you can find a way to do that I think it is very unlikely you will get anyone to invest.

As a matter of interest how many investors do you have so far and how far are you toward having enough to get an LA?

• Like Like x 2
  5. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Humans are not always infallible.Interesting comparison.Huh. No I don't think I can do find a way to do that he or she think it is unlikely you will get anyone to invest.Do you think I could ever be a matter of interest how many investors do you have so and how are you toward having enough to get an LA?

6. Are you talking about joint bank accounts? The EULA can't say anything about them.

I expect he was talking about joint EU accounts.

Erach.

• Like Like x 4
  7. I think this is going round in circles a bit. Clearly you wouldn't trust him with your PEDs - fine, don't join his scheme. This is a fairly open game, so if those are his terms it's up to people to decide whether to accept them. Some people won't like it because they don't trust him, other will trust him. He'll get flack from some players, but others will think it's a good idea. As long as he gets some support then he should get on with his scheme and try to make PEDs.

I say good luck to him.

Erach.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Mmm - I assumed it was refering to RL bank accounts, not in-game accounts :) There has not been any 'flack' here on my part, I simply wanted to know for obvious reasons, how the investors are to transfer their 1000 PED (there are only two ways of doing this), and what legally binding safeguards there would be after the PEDs has been transferred.

9. Well said!

At the end of the day, if you think you can afford to lose the money and believe it could be a success then all good.

If not, then stay away and build your own 'empire'!

By the way MMA, just a thought, but looking at your gallery pics and write-ups, perhaps you could build trust in the EU community by running some events? It seems to be your core skill IRL, can then be applied to EU?

• Like Like x 3
  10. I have been taking verbal commitments for specific amounts but haven't collected any money until today as it's now Aug 1 and the official start date.

Investments will be taken through direct trade in game.

Every investment will receive a written email explaining their investment sum etc. This is perfectly applicable in court as a receipt.

Yes, I do plan on getting into Event Promotion soon..

• Like Like x 3
  11. OK since this thread is going nowhere

:locked:

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.