Entropia News: MindArk-s-Upcoming-Blockchain-Project

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Nov 30, 2017.

1. MindArk's Upcoming Blockchain Project

Over the past year, MindArk has been closely following the cryptocurrency sphere and exploring synergies between the Entropia Universe platform and blockchain technology. MindArk has engaged an external team of cryptocurrency and finance experts to help formulate a unique and innovative token offering.

This project promises to provide MindArk with a large infusion of capital which will enable accelerated and improved development of the Entropia Universe platform, including integration of virtual reality and blockchain technology, and which will ultimately benefit all Entropia Universe stakeholders -- participants, Planet Partners and shareholders.

Exciting times are on the horizon for MindArk and Entropia Universe, and we hope we can count on your interest and support!

More details on DeepToken, MindArk’s token offering, will be made available in the coming days and weeks.

Source

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I thought this was a joke.... then I saw the link.

I wonder if they used this ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. “Exciting times are on the horizon....”

Note the usual vagueness with respect to when these “exciting times” will actually materialise.

They probably said something similar about ped withdrawals through a bank cash machine.

4. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

So, I was actually kinda thinking in the right direction there :)

5. Captain obvious says: In before Grumpy Smurf starts typing. In this case I am going to agree with everything he says!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  6. http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...hain-Project&p=3617659&viewfull=1#post3617659
    deeptoken.us
    Registration restrictions set by the registry include:

Citizen status—Registrant contact must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. or have a primary residence in the U.S.

Domain use—Your reason for registering: business use, educational purposes, governmental purposes, etc.

" data-setup="false" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-bottom: 11px; display: inline-block; line-height: 12px; cursor: pointer;">Restrictions apply.

Add to Cart$19.99 $1.00 1 && !domain.isSelected && !domain.verifyDomainAvailability && !domain.isPremium && !tmsDisplay.hide_pricing && domain.Extension !== 'com.au' && domain.Extension !== 'org.au' && domain.Extension !== 'net.au'" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: block; float: right; height: inherit; padding: 0px; position: relative; text-align: right; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif; margin: 10px 0px 0px;">when you register for 2 years or more. 1st year price $1.00 Additional years $19.99
    deeptoken.io
    Add to Cart$59.99
    deeptokens.com
    Add to Cart$14.99* $0.99*
    deeptoken.co
    Add to Cart$34.99 $11.99
    deeptoken.shop ad
    Add to Cart$44.99* $2.99*
    deeptoken.online
    Add to Cart$49.99* $4.99*
    deeptoken.biz
    Add to Cart$20.99* $6.99*
    deeptoken.club
    Add to Cart$14.99* $9.99*
    deeptoken.me
    Add to Cart$19.99 $3.49
    deepbadge.com
    Add to Cart$14.99* $0.99*
    deepden.com premium
    Premium Domain Names are more valuable than other domains because they are based on common words or phrases people often use in their online searches.

While GoDaddy does not own these domains names, we are one of a select group of registrars that can introduce you to the sellers.

For more information on this domain, call (480) 366-3343

" data-setup="false" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-bottom: 11px; color: rgb(0, 166, 63); display: inline-block; line-height: 12px; cursor: pointer; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif;">learn more

Add to Cart
    $2,244.00*
    + $14.99*/year$14.99*/yr when you renew
    deeptoken.house
    Add to Cart$39.99* $9.99*
    deeptoken.mobi
    Add to Cart$17.99* $6.99*
    deeptoken.work
    Add to Cart$9.99* $1.99*
    deeptoken.life
    Add to Cart$39.99* $1.99*
    deeptoken.blue
    Add to Cart$19.99* $13.99*
    deeptoken.guru
    Add to Cart$39.99* $9.99*
    deeptoken.today
    Add to Cart$24.99* $1.99*
    deeptoken.solutions
    Add to Cart$24.99* $4.99*
    deeptoken.tv
    Add to Cart

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  7. At 1st I thought, why even waste time, commenting on such obvious PR-gag-SCAM-bullshit...anyway, here we go :

Cool, after such a long pause, great new content has arrived ! (it has not)
    MindArk finally entering the crypto market, because Neverdie convinced em its hip.
    I was praying this will happen one day. I mean, crypto and Entropia !!! Wooow !!!
    This is so cool ! :'D Awesome !!!1 A bright future lies ahead ! (so many more lies to come)

To all those people spreading negativity (on the other forum), you have absolutely no idea of how this stuff works.
    There will be more money to develop and fix Entropia !!!!111 THIS IS SO GREAT!!!!
    (Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro, always afraid of negativity, as it could affect BIG industries)

What could probably go wrong now ? Lets SEE the check list...

-team of (external) experts engaged *as usual, lol* - CHECK!
    -deep token name already taken *awww, how could that happen, rofl*- CHECK!
    -MA failing with similar PR-gag-SCAM-bullshit-announcements since years *stamina lvl over 9000*- CHECK!
    -ND already scammed the community with such an idea and then failed - CHECK!
    -ND once again convinced MA to scam the community, with his great, presidential ideas - CHECK!

A true masterplan ! Make Entropia great a...ah fuck off.

I wonder if the faces of David Simmonds and Mr. Timkrans lost the ability to turn red over the years.
    Either because they feel ashamed too often or because they are filled with steady anxiety.
    What a business, if you have to throw up hip buzzwords with fake announcements, again and again. You are truly unique MindArk, but not a bit better then most other greedy companies out there.

This is getting beyond ridiculous, but this could, ahe,
    this will end up as one of the more "interesting" stories in my blog "Content of Oblivion".
    Except, if this was the only announcement about this matter. ;D

Together with Compet, VR-Business-Rooms, Presidential-Big-Teleporter and other bullshit, Entropia is turning into a gigantic (and empty) hall of shame.

SEE you there. :'D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. i saved the comments i didn't wanna post on the other forums when i first read about it :geek:

well, good luck mindark. i just wonder why anyone would rather invest in another shitty token with a fake blockchain label, instead of buying bitcoins or mining gear itself.

personally i have more faith in their development than yours, sorry. you usually don't deliver, deliver something else, or keep if half finished up to eternity.

well, honestly i don't take anything too seriously in the end. i also bought some 100$ of neverdie's ICO with my own 'hard' earned ethereums, based on a PROOF-OF-WORK concept both mindark and neverdie doesn't really seem to understand. also i demand further discussion on the blockchain topic, because blockchain means that actually noone can change anything. minDAOarked consensus? go figure... :android_borg:

please hear my words ... it's not what your public relations or your whitepaper says ... it's what you FUCKING DELIVER.

so FU mindark, i'm not gonna buy your ICO. i'd rather invest my last pants in gametester tokens or neverdie coins! :shoot:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hussked Hussked x 1
  9. San

San

Of course you can, we're paying into the same social security system. Exciting times they are, whichever way they turn out ;). Can we count on your interest and support tending to the many bugs and issues support has been receiving over the years? Wait, don't answer that.

10. I fully condone this message!

• Like Like x 1
  11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Oh hell yes. I'm liquidating all my other investments as we speak. Do you accept kidneys? I cannot wait to throw money at this, because you certainly never failed us before, MindArk.

Fucking lol.

12. Because you seem not to have a life and really need to start up some sort of Pond project. :)

But anyway, great reading and for the most part very much true.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  13. Did someone happen to record that Q&A with David Simmonds & Henrik Nel ?

Or...why isnt there a link ? Or announcement by MA itself about a video ?

Cant wait for awesome news

14. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh I do wonder why they didn't tell anyone or record it etc. I think I know the answer though.

(they were probably worried someone like me would show up and ask awkward questions)

15. 64 million dollars worth of bitcoin stolen.
    Yes, this time even the owner of the trading system used the word stolen.

Exit-scam ? PR gag ? We will never know :)

https://www.nicehash.com/

nicehash.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Hussked Hussked x 1
  16. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

yeh it's all fun and games right now with crypto. $15000 for a coin anyone?

17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

So does anyone think this is MA's plan? i.e. they've been reading snowcrash ;)

https://medium.com/@FEhrsam/vr-is-a-killer-blockchain-app-3a4122d7f505

Incidentally the comment about deleting accounts or printing money or changing something to be not in the player's favour is something my parents once asked me about Entropia. i.e. "surely the company could stage an earth quake and destroy everyone's homes?".

The answer is of course "they could, but it would be corporate suicide" because it it would erode confidence. MA have their fair share of this anyhow with the so called "Nerfs" or devaluing of rare items (this years Christmas tree for example) and indeed it does have an impact. So the so called plot hole in Ready Player One isn't actually a plot hole.

Still, I do think there might be something in this though. If there were some de-centralised (and stable) wallet backing everyone's PED account (or in fact maybe a number of games or other things where you buy and sell stuff), in theory it wouldn't matter if MA shut down Entropia, it would be a bit like the value of your ped card (or even your items [plus option to liquidate]) was say in your paypal account.

This idea does merit interest but of course, we do already have a guarantee on our PEDs/TT I think in theory for if MA went under (although in reality I rather suspect we'd be whistling since, in a collapsed company, who is going to go in and spend time paying everyone back when they themselves have had their salary stopped? This is of course assuming MA actually have enough dollars in reserve to pay everyone back anyhow - something I rather suspect they don't even on a good day...)

So yeh, could be interesting to see where they go with this but I suspect, in reality, it will go about as far as the space courier missions.

My prediction for 2018:

MA will spend the resources fleshing out "the plan" so they can come up with something nice and (or perhaps even on the "fragile end of notionally") convincing in their ICO to tell everyone so that every idiot out there invests in the deep coin thus bringing MA a nice cash injection.

Then nothing will happen. Because MA, simply don't have the resources (and I'm not just talking financial resources either) to make such a dream happen.

I mean come on, they couldn't even get COMPET out the door - something that has been achieved by thousands of bedroom coders in their spare time including some who are only children.

Still I guess we'll have a chance to grab the popcorn and watch.
    Wistrel

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yuuuuuuup!

• Funny Funny x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.