Entropia News: MindArk introduces dramatically new avatar system

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe in the Press' started by NotAdmin, Jan 18, 2013.

1. So this is what AV's can look like in CE2 already? They're almost lifelike...

2. Dragon Moon

Dragon Moon ...ya, that too...

Stupid me thought/wished that it would be like the avatars in Far Cry 3, which I've been playing for the past 4 weeks. The above examples don't really look like a lot of improvement IMO.

3. Trailer is always better then the actual gameplay. Got a video of that?

4. MitchyMoo

MitchyMoo Captain

Can't wait for this update - I love trying to make my Av look as good as possible! Excited about the new clothing too. I hope it's a decent improvement, seems so.

I've been playing it too - awesome huh? I've just upgraded my PC so got everything maxed and it's a truly beautiful game.
    Also I love the theater/ feel of the game - I've never really been so...not emotionally exactly but, sort of interactive...Like it's really me in the game. I would strongly recommend to all.

To be honest, on max settings, the gameplay is pretty bloody good in comparison to the trailers - ofc course it's still better. Here's a short gameplay video with everything maxed:

Mitchy :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Damn, you drive like I do! :) I was thinking about getting this. Played the other two.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dragon Moon

Dragon Moon ...ya, that too...

Youtube is full of vidoes of Far Cry 3 gameplay. No difference to the trailer. ;)

7. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

I thought all women drive this!! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I was really getting into this clip but then I realized it was 17:57 long ;) What game engine is Far Cry 3 using?

9. Far Cry 3 is using the "Dunia Engine", which is based on Cryengine. Additionally it uses Havok for physics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunia_Engine

But lets decide on tomorrows screenshots if MA maxed CE2...;)

10. Thx for the info. The gfx are almost too good, and yep it will be good to see if MA did max the new Av's for CE.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  11. Tass

Tass Administrator

Another preview image added to post #1:

[​IMG]

12. I'm gobsmacked. How are we going to concentrate on our professions if the new AVs turn out this good;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

My thoughts exactly!! :D

After seeing that pic, my hopes have been restored!! :)

14. LOL! And I've had 'Alerts' for the last 10 mins at least - I'm trying to do something else now with 3Ds Max :)

15. It's near the new AV update time, so all will be revealed soon ;)

16. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

she is wearing two shirts on top of each other! ;-)

well .. looks good .. but not as smashing as I expected..

17. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

I think it's still a low res pic... from what I can see on this new one, there are a lot more detail then the other ones they posted. It also seems they made the clothes a lot more fluid as well.. only time will tell as I still get a error for server connections.. all downloaded but no servers to be found.. maybe it blew up after a restart??! :alcohol:

18. perhaps they are testing the environment prior to everyone logging in! Just to make sure it all works and that it is error free so no sub patches have to be released post release.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.