Planet Calypso News: Merry Mayhem Results Update

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by EP-Newsbot, Jan 30, 2014.

1. An issue has been identified concerning the Merry Mayhem results that were published a few minutes ago. It appears the incorrect event starting time was used, causing the final scores for participants who entered the event instances before the event started to be calculated incorrectly.

We appreciate your patience while we generate the proper final scores with the correct event starting time, and apologise for any confusion this may have caused.

Source

2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Two words. Face palm.

3. Still eagerly awaiting the right results... :whistling:
    Well anyway, some miscalculation wont cost us our lives...

4. You know; some people will be "yay I won!" to be greeted by this message.
    It's like having the lotto results broadcasted, you look at your ticket and can't believe your eyes. You get all happy and start phoning your dad; and after about 15 minutes a bulletin appears on the screen that these are not the right results...

*implied facepalm* When it is so obvious that one does not even need to postulate a facepalm

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Honestly. How the hell can you be wrong with MM results every year? How difficult can it really be?

Merry Mayhem is an event they've held for years in a row, and still, apparently the only way MindArk knows how to tally the results is by having some poor incompetent trainee manually counting results for several weeks, only to be instantly corrected by the community minutes after they release the results.

My guess? MA's database is a fricking mess, they are clueless on how to solve it, and this will happen again and again and again. Keep that in mind the next time MA refers to their "Extensive logs". Those logs are so extensive that MA is numerous years in a row unable to get the MM results straight.

If MA employees had any other job, they'd be weather forecasters. That's just about the only other class of people allowed to be wrong half the time, without risk of getting their sorry ass fired.

Anyone want to buy my skills and items? I'm fucking done with this shit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. The damage done to the platform would be much greater if people stopped acquiring planets and moon's.
    Can image MA getting worried about the huge amount of potential PED's ready to pay out by people...

So selling a moon for 1,500,000 PED saves at least a 150.000 dollar withdraw and potential more withdraw...
    Guess the same people now having bought the moon or owning a planet will become less spoken-out over what is wrong with this platform...

The same counts for CLD's.
    The potential PED's that could be paid out is huge, now they sold 1000's of CLD's worth 0.01 PEC (TT value)
    Maybe most people not see what is happening but i glad i am out already of this dead-end project.

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

It's MA. Haven't you been listening? They ALWAYS get it wrong. ;) ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

I don't know about skills and such, but I still need to pay you and take delivery of those 2 CLDs from you :tongue (2):

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.