March of the Eamon

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Phunkygeeza, Jul 17, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Following the EBN announcementit seems that hundreds of avatars flocked to the reported locations to see what was going on. They found various things, from virtually nothing, to normal amounts of mobs, to great swathes of creatures filling the landscape.

Me? I just found a few Eamon and lots of pretty irate ubers who weren't happy about the lag.

Full marks for the event it seems but 1/10 for server performance on this occassion. Speaking briefly with some experienced players gave an interesting view of how EU has changed:

"The 'Rubber Banding' is MA messing with their programming again. All they have done is make their servers over-rule your client so THEY say where you are now. It also gives them total control over supposed 'misses' - you must have noticed that the mobs, and therefore the decay NEVER misses however bad the lag..."

Another interesting conversation:
    [1] Next one?
    [2] Too Laggy!
    [1] Yeah bad lag. The TP lag, then the revice lag
    [1] f*ck*ng GREAT
    [3] Not to mention the rubber banding
    [3] that helps

More was said but hey I'm not one to tattle tale - I don't think this person was alone in these thoughts but who am I to spread malcontent?

All in all it was an interesting visit - I hope to return and see more but for now enjoy these pics and short vid.

Entropia 2007-07-17 21-19-30-85.jpg Entropia 2007-07-17 21-19-46-25.jpg Entropia 2007-07-17 21-19-49-57.jpg Entropia 2007-07-17 21-57-36-23.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
  2. [vs]http://www.eu-chronicle.com/uploads/eamon_0001.wmv[/vs]

• Like Like x 13
  3. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Good report and great video - there sure are a lot of people at that revive terminal. :hehe: :D

4. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Up till the time I went to bed not much had happened at Corinth. A couple of waves of big female Armax but not other new mobs in sight. Great video and good reporting Phunksta.

5. I tried a little shooting at Cape Corinth last night, but lag was terrible. The amount of avatars and Armax was imprerssive though. Managed to kill about 3 Armax, but after a long time waiting to be able to loot, I was only rewarded with yellow writing... :-(

As you can see in the 2nd screen, more people seemed to have looting problems...:rolleyes:

armax_flock_1.jpg armax_flock_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.