Maintenance, changes and upgrades

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by Tass, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

upload_2017-2-24_20-37-9.png

With quintuple A and a check mark we conclude our little performance improvement project.

Of course there's always something to improve and we'll do that quick and dirty style when passing by :)

• Gratz Gratz x 1
  2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Ahhh then ignore my other post. I'd "like" this one but well, y'know ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Tass

Tass Administrator

Sorry for the recent issues such as reply box missing etc. We are still changing things and sometimes we mess something up :)

4. I noticed All pics are gone from threads since today.
    Make them come back would be great, ty.

5. Tass

Tass Administrator

Thanks for reporting. They should be back now :)

The cause was a partially failed attempt to implement something new. So possibly we'll experience more issues as we try to further optimize various things.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. yes they are, thank you for quick action :).

7. Tass

Tass Administrator

Anti-spam measures stepped up a tiny bit.

8. Tass

Tass Administrator

Earlier this week we took the first tiny steps to the next level of EntropiaPlanets (new server, state-of-the-art web technology, latest version of forum and wiki, more forum wiki interaction, merging historic EU community content, much more) It will be a very long and very rocky road :)

Just in case anyone is interested in the development side and server administration stuff, we are happy for anyone joining us.

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

potentially but I'm already in a chat so will see where that takes us... I have a lot of personal projects on though

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Tass

Tass Administrator

We are in the process of making changes to the caching. The site might behave strange. Just ignore it. As always, future is brighter than ever ;)

We are also fixing EP's email capabilities. You might get automated emails. Either ignore them or follow the links in the emails to instructions for how to manage them.

If you happen to read this and the email in your EP account is not up-to-date please change it to your current active email account. If you can't for whatever reason please send me a private message and I can make the change for you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Tass

Tass Administrator

EntropiaPlanets should properly send emails again.

You can change your email notification preferences for adminstrative emails and conversations there:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/account/contact-details

You can change your email notification preferences for watched content there:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/account/preferences

upload_2019-1-18_16-18-17.png

Please ensure your email address is up-to-date and able to receive emails. We are using an external service to send emails. These email service providers are tracking the rate of bounced emails and suspend accounts from sending emails when the rate is too high. Worst case the sender of bouncing emails is added to blacklists. To avoid that we have a system in place that turns off email notifications for email addresses that are bouncing emails multiple times. If you want you to change your email address but can't please send a pm.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.