Low damage and kill bonus?

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by mastermesh, Apr 3, 2013.

1. I've read some theories that kill bonus exists so you get more skills with lower level mobs since you are able to kill more of them for the same amount of ped decay...

Is that true or just a hypothetical untested theory?

The reason I recently moved to Rocktropia was just to explore new planets since Calypso is getting extremely old to me after all of this time. However, after studying wikis and hunting a little I've noticed that the trolls on RT have substantially lower health than anything anywhere else... 2 - 3 health vs the 10 on puny mobs in Calypso... If the kill bonus exists, I think this might have made this choice to move to RT infinitely smarter from a skilling perspective than it originally appeared to be, especially since my primary weapon at the moment is the UL viper whip, which does essentially 2-5 points of damage per swing...

However, so far no one has been able to tell me for sure if this kill bonus actually does exist or is just some theory that is not tested that no one can prove... If it is true, will more 2 or 3 health mobs start showing up on other planets someday so RT doesn't have a major advantage in this area???

2. Well, for skilling Calypso is the worst planet to be on. Even after the skills nerf Calypso still has really bad skill return compared to other planets. And this coming from a person who has been keeping a record of his daily skills for the last 554 days. (sorry, forgot I'm not on PCF) Most of the skills came from the combat itself and not the bonus. Also I found you do get a bit more skills using lower power guns since it takes longer to kill and well, gives you a longer time to skill of each mob.

But then again, using a higher lvl weapon the bonus would be worth more since again, you spend less time killing the mob?

3. narfi

narfi Lost

For tt spent you gain more skills on low hp mobs than high hp mobs.

For example you would get more skills cycling 100ped on 100 mobs that cost you 1ped each to kill than you would from 2 mobs that cost you 50ped each to kill.

Hijacker did logs which were done to determine the advantage or disadvantage to using SIB = Yes vs SIB = Not Anymore, but I believe will also demonstrate this phenomenon as well since he did part of it on merp and part on drones.

4. did a few more instances at billy bar tonight when I got bored hunting for oil at the arctic rig. I'm trying to figure out if the skill bonus for mob kills applies in the instance or not. I think it does. You just can't loot the trolls since you get the cash register at the end. I guess the cash register, even if the payout is low, is better than seeing a streak of no looters like you see out on the streets if you kill local rocktropian mobs.

If you do go to the bar, make sure to take haloween torch in case the instance starts after dark... it's really hard to see anything in that bar late at night without something like the torch to light up the area. Lots of furniture in there to stumble around with. Still easy little fun instance but in the dark it takes a while longer.

Still no oil in the rig in new harlem. My guess is that if the THING is shut down again that place will start spawning the oil that arctic is doing now?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.