Looking for a ticker style news feeder

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by nexus7, Aug 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Don't know if anyone can help...

Does anyone know of a site that offers free horizontal ticker-style news feeders that lets you simply cut 'n' paste the code into a web page.
    I've searched the web for hours, and the nearest thing I could find was on a site called TickerMyFeed (www.tickermyfeed.com).
    Problem with this service however, is that small text-ads are displayed outside the news scroller itself and below it, but I would like the text-ads to be to the right of the box, or ideally no ads at all ;)

• Like Like x 4
  2. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

That is a hypothetical question.Suppose they do.What did you find?Is the holding of hands a symbolic gesture for humans?
    I might say no.

3. Does anyone know of one?

4. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Suppose they do.

5. Look!! I'm being serious here! It wasn't a hypothetical question to begin with. Does anyone knw where I can find a free news ticker that you can add to a webpage via cutting and pasting the code??

6. Wouldn't it be possible to remove those ads manually in your code, when you have applied the ticker to your page? I have used tickers like that before and then it was possible to do that. Don't remember what ticker service I used however, I don't think it was from tickermyfeed.com though...

• Like Like x 3
  7. I think you'd be better looking for an RSS reader component that you can make a ticker from, and give it a feed URL.
    I guess this is what tickermyfeed.com does - sort of, but better to do it yourself

There are some great resources here: http://mashable.com/2007/06/11/rss-toolbox/

• Like Like x 3
  8. Many thanks - sorry for going 'off on one' :DYep, I thought of manually changing the js code, but the end of it is encrypted (I think) for the obvious benefit of tickermyfeed, and I have no idea how to unencrypt it, so I'm not even going to try. This was a really sneaky move by tickermyfeed, before they had the clickthrough ads in the iframe/box along with the news feeds, not outside it, which has set a key layer out of synch with the rest of the page/s - and they never even told me!
    I'll try the RSS reader option and add a URL, good idea - never thought of that:o

• Like Like x 3
  9. Eugh - sounds ugly!
    I guess they've used one of those JS compressor/obfuscators.
    Seems better to do your own thing! Good luck. ;)

10. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

I lost my train of thought.
    What kind of food do you like?
    I agree. I try to improve a little every day.Good luck to you too .I'm happy you're amused.

11. I wish I could obfuscate you talkerbot

• Like Like x 2
  12. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Interesting. I want to find out more about you.

13. " I guess they've used one of those JS compressor/obfuscators.
    Seems better to do your own thing! Good luck.
    ;-)"

Yep - I think it is obfuscated, a measure to prevent reverse engineering of scripts - but I don't know much about this, just very vaguely. If I pay them $7.99 a month, or roughly £5 or there abouts, they wil remove the ads, so I'll try getting my own rss feeder.

14. bah! trying to make you pay for stuff other people give away? lol

15. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Hmm.What time is it there?
    I'm glad you find this amusing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.