long load time

Discussion in 'Technical, security and bug reports' started by dennistovsen, Apr 6, 2010.

1. when i first start the game it takes several minutes to have the game load to full screen, then the screen is all black for another 5ish minutes. Then the login screen apears and i can log in. In game i have no issue.

Is there a problem on why it is taking such a long time to load the game when i first start it?

It takes just as long to minimize the game when im in it with alt + tab or the windows button, it takes about 4 minutes to minimize and another 4 once i want to go back into the game.

any solutions?

2. narfi

narfi Lost

Could you post your computers specs here? Im sure wizz or someone could point you in the right direction once they know what you are working with.

narfi

3. AMD phenom(tm)9550 quad-core 2.2GHz(8.8)
    6 gigs ram
    64 bit windows vista
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

anything else?

please note all other games load to full screen and im able to play within 10-20 seconds.

4. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

my guess is that it has something to do with vista or entropia itself.

5. vista maybe, these things suck. but entropia i redownloaded it.

even if its cuz vista is fail, it doesnt explain why this is the only game that takes a long time to load up when every other game i play loads up within 20 seconds, even games that max my system out.

6. narfi

narfi Lost

Check your firewalls, I had a friend who could play, but the firewall was partly blocking the game making it really laggy. You might also try running the game in compatibility mode, or administrator mode... Im not sure what affect those have on it.

Also have you tried in windows mode instead of full screen?

narfi

7. i have fully allowed the game through my fire wall, and ive even disabled it while playing it. i do not lag, its only when i open the game.

ive tried compatible mode for xp and ran as admin, does not fix it.

i do have this, since the last update where the loging screen is all different, ive noticed about a 1 minute reduction in load time.

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Did you happen to install the C++ redistributables by any chance?

Whe EU with CE2 was released, those were left out of the install, but were required. Not sure if they still are, but it might not hurt to install them if you haven't done so already.

9. how would i know if i have that? ive just redownloaded the game 1 day ago. but is there a direct download for that single file i can do?

thanks.

10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

11. found out the issue, even tho my anti virus had it allowed, one of the ports were being restricted, i allowed that and now the game opens in 4 seconds.

thank you for all who tried to help, also giving me the idea to double check some things.

12. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Glad to hear you got things sorted, Dennis. Hope you enjoy the game :)

13. as a correction, it wasnt my antivirus, it was actually my dvd agent. this would try to load a cd from my cd rom while trying to load. this is because of vista's protocol. i just simply disabled it and it works wonders. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.